• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures New tiel's gonna be here any minute now!!!

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Right, hopefully he settles down soon. I'm always worried about letting new, still scared birds out just because the process of getting them back could get really stressful for them? How do you go about that?
I really don't find it too difficult, personally. ;) Especially when you have millet to put in their cage and have a whole lot of patience and time. Most days I'm home, and I'm more than happy to leave the room if I have to.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
He came out on his own and actually flew! Clumsily, but he did a lap around the room! I'm wondering if he was just too exhausted or sore to actually fly before today.
Aw that's good! He's becoming more sure of his surroundings.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I'm so glad he's doing better now! Was worried about the little guy!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
And another little update on the baby;

Sadly, he didn't get to keep all his toes. :( They didn't look too badly cut up when I got them, and the baytril and ointment didn't help.

On a more positive note, all tests came back negative and he's put on some weight. He's been introduced to everyone, and while he still hasn't touched pellets, he has started eating bits of nuts and the seeds from a healthy snack mix. It's only a matter of time before he eats one.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Omg, he looks so ragged after finally taking a bath today. :roflmao: I guess he still has to learn how preening works. IMG_20191015_191950483.jpg
He's got such strange colors too. I thiiiiiiink I see pearling on his stomach?

We're still working on putting some weight on the little guy. Tomorrow is scrambled eggs day, so I'm hoping he takes some. But he's thankfully put on a few grams. His breast was very thin with no fat or muscle around the keel when he got her. Now he's got some meat on his bones.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
So cute!:heart: Cappuccino always looks kind of shell shocked after a bath. She just sits there wondering how and why she got so wet, and she also kind of acts disappointed that she now has to preen herself so much!:lol: