• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Apollo is sick

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Apollo. You tried your best and did everything you could, so I’m sure he knew how much you loved him.
:sadhug2:

Beasley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I am so sorry you lost Apollo. :sadhug2:

JapanBirdLover

Strolling the yard
You can ask the vet for an autopsy here I think. If you suspect he was sold for very cheap, Machi (dark green male, at 3 months) was sold to me from a different breeder for 18000 yen for reference, as that was cheaper than I thought as well for such an uncommon bird kept here in Japan.

In any case, I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm sure you did everything you could, and Apollo was as comfortable as he could be in his last moments.:sadhug2:
Take your time to grieve, and I'd like to hear more about Chi and Fu, or about Apollo if it helps to talk about him, when you're feeling better!
I don’t know if I could handle the thought of a necropsy, I don’t think it would help me mentally.
I paid just 10,000 yen for Apollo, that’s around $90 US. I’ve seen baby Linnies for 2 or even 3 times that price in this country so, maybe the breeder wasn’t being totally honest. Who knows.

JapanBirdLover

Strolling the yard
Thank you once again everyone for your consolations. I’m trying to put this in perspective. On the Heaven board of this forum there are people who have lost birds that they were with for years, Apollo was with me for less than a month. The pain and heartache that those others felt must be much worse than mine.
In a few days I’ll try to post some pictures of Fu and Chi on the finch board, along with the story of how I got into keeping little birds.
Bless you all.
JBL

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you once again everyone for your consolations. I’m trying to put this in perspective. On the Heaven board of this forum there are people who have lost birds that they were with for years, Apollo was with me for less than a month. The pain and heartache that those others felt must be much worse than mine.
In a few days I’ll try to post some pictures of Fu and Chi on the finch board, along with the story of how I got into keeping little birds.
Bless you all.
JBL
I've enjoyed getting to know you during this month and am so glad you will return with your adorable finch stories. And yes, tell us how you came to be a bird lover!

And know that I am thinking of you as you deal with your loss of dear Apollo.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.