• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost Quaker Parrot (Kissimmee,FL)

Figment

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Our pallid blue Quaker parrot, Tiki, accidentally got outside this afternoon and took off. My husband has been driving and searching the neighborhood for her. I’ve already put up alerts on parrot911 and parrotalert. With the hurricane coming, I fear the worst... If anyone lives near the area, or sees anything, please help bring our Tiki home.

97506B9C-7E1E-4F30-803B-5A7118BF19BF.jpeg

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What an adorable bird. I know you must be frantic. Hope she or he is found ASAP.

Figment

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
What an adorable bird. I know you must be frantic. Hope she or he is found ASAP.
Thank you, my husband and I are taking turns walking the area she was last seen. Praying she makes her way back home to us soon.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Have you put up flyers? Notified your local pet shops and police station?

You must be distraught, good luck in finding her :heart:.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope you find her soon. Can you put her cage outside with food. She may see it and come back for dinner.

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Wishing for the best. :sadhug2:Tiki is such a beautiful bird, I hope you find him soon!! :besafe:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:( :(Why do some of them pick the worse times...Is it raining yet? It could keep them close at least. Least there will be water around...Hoping they make there way back soon...Put out a cage & food...Don;t expect them to get in it but if they are close & can see it maybe they will stay close....Signs etc are not going to be much help when everyone is preparing for a hurricane or inside...:angel1::angel6:

Figment

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
Thank you for the kind words everyone, it is so greatly appreciated. My husband saw her in a tree this afternoon, but she spooked as he was getting close and flew off. He was in the woods by our house, and lost his sense of direction, so unfortunately we don’t know where she went. We have a fairly large wooded/swampy area behind our house, which severely complicates things.

It was raining off and on all afternoon (just regular rain showers, not Dorian-related). We had her cage out with food and water, but no sign or sound of her. I pulled it back into the screened porch for the night to keep the other animals from getting into it. I’ll bring it back out in the morning and we’ll continue our search. The outer rain bands are forecasted to come in the evening. I’m just devastated. The whole situation has me sick to my stomach anyway, but the impending storm takes it over the edge.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Oh dear! I'm so very sorry! If I was closer I'd help you look. I really really really hope you find her! :fingerscrossed: