• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is why you listen to the person the bird is bonded with...

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
In his own completely wrong way, yes. It’s sad that he thinks aggressive behavior is how to achieve that goal. Dogs want a leader, just lead and they will follow, no need to try to terrify them into a submissive position
It's sad how much that happens. It isn't even a generational thing either. I use to work in the pet industry and it's just sad how many people think you have to make dogs submit.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ouch. I feel for you. Almost every time Elvis has bit my fiancé- almost- I either had just said don't do that or was about to, when he got bit. It can be frustrating when other humans don't listen to you.

(Oh, and my 'tiel Sunny who never bit- bit my dad. Because my dad kept messing with Sunny's blanket. Which I had told him not to do. So when my dad said- he just bit me. I just said- did you touch his blanket? Dad- yes. Me- How many times do I have to say don't touch his blanket. :banghead:)

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Slade repeatedly warned your dad, but he refused to acknowledge Slade's queues. No wonder he was bit!
Hopefully Slade doesn't have a long memory, but as with most birds, he probably does.

So sorry that all went down for you, Slade and your dad. You've done such an amazing job rehabilitating your little guy and you should be commended!

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Slade repeatedly warned your dad, but he refused to acknowledge Slade's queues. No wonder he was bit!
Hopefully Slade doesn't have a long memory, but as with most birds, he probably does.

So sorry that all went down for you, Slade and your dad. You've done such an amazing job rehabilitating your little guy and you should be commended!
Thank you! I'm sure he will remember but at least him and I are fine. I actually trust him more now when it comes to me. He also didn't use to warn when I got him and just went in for the bite immediately so that shows a big difference as well. I think one of the previous people probably didn't listen to his body language so he didn't bother with it anymore at first.

When I was filling my husband in today (he works second shift and I'm asleep by the time he gets home) he said, "Not every animal is for every person. There are always going to be the outliers that may only really be ok with one person. That doesn't mean they're bad, or should be forced to be ok with others if it isn't in their nature. As long as their happy that's whats important." I knew there was a reason I married this man :lol:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thank you! I'm sure he will remember but at least him and I are fine. I actually trust him more now when it comes to me. He also didn't use to warn when I got him and just went in for the bite immediately so that shows a big difference as well. I think one of the previous people probably didn't listen to his body language so he didn't bother with it anymore at first.

When I was filling my husband in today (he works second shift and I'm asleep by the time he gets home) he said, "Not every animal is for every person. There are always going to be the outliers that may only really be ok with one person. That doesn't mean they're bad, or should be forced to be ok with others if it isn't in their nature. As long as their happy that's whats important." I knew there was a reason I married this man :lol:
Love that!!!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Well, if you intimidate the bird, he will bite! That's generally how it goes...Then bite anyone else till it calms down. Now that he's calmed down he'll except being petted.