• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When you love food

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I could not imagine having two Tinkers flying around. He takes up a lot of my time as it is.
Don't get me wrong here as I spent a lot of time with my Zon and Staffordshire bull terrier as well but two Grays, whew what a work load that would be.

Staffordshires are good with birds... Mine is.
She's a sweet heart with the birds. Protective of them. She has boxer in her as well. But she's an older dog. A rescue I saved a day away from being put to sleep at a kill shelter. IMG_20181028_154201.jpg IMG_20171120_163222_kindlephoto-28011996.jpg IMG_20190401_204353.jpg

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I could not imagine having two Tinkers flying around. He takes up a lot of my time as it is.
Don't get me wrong here as I spent a lot of time with my Zon and Staffordshire bull terrier as well but two Grays, whew what a work load that would be.

Lol....I've had two timnehs, and 3 congos, the Congo were surrenders, and found them homes.
Had them for a few months. 5 greys were a riot.!!
( hmmm that's why I have grey hair now!!)
now have just one grey, and he alone is a handful at times. Always getting into something.

Arno

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arno
@BertAllen i must say since i got Chilli his companion he is actually less work. Usually if i left the room he would call after me or fly off his cage and follow me the whole house 24/7.

Now he would rather stay close to Cheeky. He stil loves sitting on my shoulder and asks for head scratches alot but he is not so clingy and needy anymore.

Its only during feeding time now that it takes some skill to be fast enough otherwise they scream my ears off if i take to long. Patience is not their strong suite.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
CAG's can weigh anything between 380gr to 550gr but i know of one in my town that weighs 723grams as a 6 month old baby he is an absolute monster!

Its a maize chip we have here in South Africa called Nik Naks.
I only give them each one piece as a treat and only once per week as chips isn't healthy for them.
One of our S. African members @Irishj9 recently name his new caique hatchling Nik Nak.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Okay, tell the truth now - did you buy the sofa to match the bird or did the bird coincidentally match the sofa?
Lol......I hate that sofa!!! Your referring to the flowery sectional! Friends of our was getting rid of it. Was it good shape and comfy....But an eye sore. Was practically free. But birds find it as a big chew toy!!
But low and behold, that sofa is going bye bye...in a couple weeks. We ordered all leather for living room. Easier to clean the accidental poo's, and harder to chew up. Yeay!!! Sofa, love seat and chair... All have that electronic lumbar and head thingy in it.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you I've actually got 2. I believe birds should never be alone so they keep each other company when i am at work.

Got one male and one female. Must say 2 greys is a handful. Lol

They're gorgeous Arno!

Arno

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Arno
Hahahah nik nak is beautiful! Such a sweet face