• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male parrotlet (Georgia) - needs multi-bird home

Mermaid

Meeting neighbors
I actually agree with you. I think parrotlets are happier with like-minded friends. They're probably plotting to take over the world but hey! They're parrotlets.

It sounds like you guys are doing a selfless thing. I know you must love your baby dearly. Good luck.
I appreciate your kind words. <3 It is definitely hard to make this decision, but we feel it's in his best interest.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
@Love My Zons looks like this guy is still calling your name
And he is! I have been very bad at really getting a conversation going with the other half. You don't know how much I miss these guys and having one! :(

I have been extremely busy, if the stars and moon would line up?! No time even if he says yes to hop in the car to go get him until November at the minimum!

I try not to look at this thread LOL really, it's bad the want, makes me sad he's spectacular!

Mermaid

Meeting neighbors
I'm still trying to find a home for this little guy. He's available and waiting to meet some fellow feathered friends, so please reach out if you're interested!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He's really cute. I hope you find a nice home for him.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
I'm still trying to find a home for this little guy. He's available and waiting to meet some fellow feathered friends, so please reach out if you're interested!
I have two little parrotlets. (Sushi and Sashimi) They make more noise than all the large birds combined lol

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
If he had his full set of flight feathers he may have more confidence. He is a gorgeous little guy and I am very hopeful you find the home that is right for him. Green parrotlets are my soft spot!

BeachComberNC

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Morgan
If I had other birds I would be up to meet this little fella. Too bad I have a dog and no birds. ❤

Mermaid

Meeting neighbors
If I had other birds I would be up to meet this little fella. Too bad I have a dog and no birds. ❤
I appreciate your consideration anyway, BeachComberNC! I feel he'd do much better in a home with other birds, which is the sole reason I'm rehoming him. He's a very sweet, mild-tempered little guy... always steps up perfectly and has never shown any form of aggression in the 1.5 years we've had him. :)

Mermaid

Meeting neighbors
This little bub is still looking for a home. Although I strongly prefer not to ship him, I am willing to drive from my spot in NE Georgia to meet his new family.

I thought I'd include a picture of him from today, as well as the cage and playstand he'll come with. Can you spot him? :joyful:

IMG_4668.jpg IMG_4665.jpg

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
This little bub is still looking for a home. Although I strongly prefer not to ship him, I am willing to drive from my spot in NE Georgia to meet his new family.

I thought I'd include a picture of him from today, as well as the cage and playstand he'll come with. Can you spot him? :joyful:

View attachment 319081 View attachment 319082

How long a drive to Jacksonville, FL for you?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi finchly, Jacksonville is roughly 6 hours away. Is that where you are located?
No I’m 5 hours south! I do have relatives there but that’s too far for both of us.
Have you tried the MeWe app? There are tons of bird groups there.

Galadriel

Meeting neighbors
Oy! We have a young lovebird who DESPERATELY wants to be friends with my budgie, but Sullivan is having none of it. There has been some talk about getting Pumpkin (the lovebird) a friend who's more compatible in size and personality, and who can maybe help bring her out of her shell.
Let me sleep on it, and I'll PM you tomorrow afternoon.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oy! We have a young lovebird who DESPERATELY wants to be friends with my budgie, but Sullivan is having none of it. There has been some talk about getting Pumpkin (the lovebird) a friend who's more compatible in size and personality, and who can maybe help bring her out of her shell.
Let me sleep on it, and I'll PM you tomorrow afternoon.
Just an FYI, I think you have to have 20 posts before you can send a private message. I hope things work out. :)