• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie baby become cold

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
At three weeks you will want to feed 4-5 ml.

Monjur,
The food you are feeding is not good for the chicks. I understand you are in another country... Southeast Asia? Are you able to order any supplies online to properly feed your babies? There are recipes online I just watched, however, these are in languages I don't understand and I don't know what some of those ingredients are. It would be best if you could order a prepared dry formula that you can mix to feed. But understand this... you MUST MAKE FRESH FORMULA EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU FEED. You cannot make a batch, use part of it and store it in the refridgerator for the next feeding.

The yellow chick already looked dead in the photo you posted on Saturday. If you can't follow any of the advice we offer it's a slim chance any of your birds will survive. You must understand that none of us in this forum are veterinarians. We can, however, give some advice but when your birds are so sick they need medical care.

Last edited:

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
At three weeks you will want to feed 4-5 ml.

Monjur,
The food you are feeding is not good for the chicks. I understand you are in another country... Southeast Asia? Are you able to order any supplies online to properly feed your babies? There are recipes online I just watched, however, these are in languages I don't understand and I don't know what some of those ingredients are. It would be best if you could order a prepared dry formula that you can mix to feed. But understand this... you MUST MAK
Hi, Which hand feed brand is good for budgie chicks???

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I like Nutribird A21. I always buy the same. Maybe see what you can find out what can be delivered to you, and tell us the names and we can see which is good ones?

Please so not put the chicks back on the dirty plate.

Did you buy some wood shavings for the bedding to keep the nest clean?

Last edited:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@monjur sayad Did you find a way to buy the Nutribird formula? You asked specifically about that brand, so I am thinking you found it somewhere? It also comes with instructions inside the container saying how to make the food.
Remember to just make enough for feeding the chicks and don´t reheat the formula. Do not use microwave.
Heat the water and mix into the formula, then check temperature before giving to the chicks.

If you can keep the chicks and their brooder clean and warm and feed a good quality formula correctly it will minimize a lot of problems. This is important for you because you have no vet available.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
@monjur sayad Did you find a way to buy the Nutribird formula? You asked specifically about that brand, so I am thinking you found it somewhere? It also comes with instructions inside the container saying how to make the food.
Remember to just make enough for feeding the chicks and don´t reheat the formula. Do not use microwave.
Heat the water and mix into the formula, then check temperature before giving to the chicks.

If you can keep the chicks and their brooder clean and warm and feed a good quality formula correctly it will minimize a lot of problems. This is important for you because you have no vet available.
Ok, I ordered Nutribird A21. They will send it tomorrow

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ok. That is good. How are the other chicks doing now?
Do you have a picture of the setup? Maybe we can help with something else.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Monjur,

I cannot believe your other chick is eating seed at it's age. The beginning of this post you said they were 16-17 days old. Almost a week has passed and if the other chick is still alive it would be just over 3 weeks old. It would still need formula and would not be eating seed. Did it die as well?

I do have to give you my honest opinion on your set up. Because you need to hear it and you need to do a better job at providing for your birds. Your cages are way too small for your birds and are too filthy for them to be living in. Your bowls are sitting on the floor where the birds can poop in them, the perches are completely inadequate for them and you only have but one perch per cage. Truly, this is no way to keep any living creature. If you are only giving them seed to eat then the diet is also inadequate for them to live a long and healthy life. I don't know what it is like in your country or what you have available but I do have to tell you this is no way to keep birds as they should be kept. I don't want to offend you but instead educate you on giving a good life to these birds. We know nothing about you other than the health problems you have with several of your birds. Seeing how you are keeping them is exactly why they aren't doing well at all.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@monjur sayad. Honey, I know your trying, but your cages are bare dirty, And theres no toys or chewing relief, even a cardboard box is " something to do".. stacking cages also pose a threat to the lower birds from feces and discarded food..and, the perches need to be varied and bird safe wood..this perch issue saves foot problems, because birds are on they're feet 24/7.. please dont let your birds just breed, it's not healthy on the mom and babies..also. the birds are completely exposed no place to hide or rest. Maybe cover the back and tops of the cages with a blanket or towel. Also, the diet,,research bird safe veggies and fruits, try these,, birds eat a wide variety in the world, and we as bird owners must try to replicate that..Good luck to you, you have received alot of advice ,,are there any bird clubs or organizations you can join to enrich your knowledge and your birds lives?:hug8:

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
@monjur sayad. Honey, I know your trying, but your cages are bare dirty, And theres no toys or chewing relief, even a cardboard box is " something to do".. stacking cages also pose a threat to the lower birds from feces and discarded food..and, the perches need to be varied and bird safe wood..this perch issue saves foot problems, because birds are on they're feet 24/7.. please dont let your birds just breed, it's not healthy on the mom and babies..also. the birds are completely exposed no place to hide or rest. Maybe cover the back and tops of the cages with a blanket or towel. Also, the diet,,research bird safe veggies and fruits, try these,, birds eat a wide variety in the world, and we as bird owners must try to replicate that..Good luck to you, you have received alot of advice ,,are there any bird clubs or organizations you can join to enrich your knowledge and your birds lives?:hug8:
Yes, I would like to see @monjur sayad stay on as a member so we can help enrich the lives of the birds and help you become a better care taker. We see things you can improve upon and are more than willing to guide you to healthier bird keeping practices.

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
Yes, I would like to see @monjur sayad stay on as a member so we can help enrich the lives of the birds and help you become a better care taker. We see things you can improve upon and are more than willing to guide you to healthier bird keeping practices.
Can you please show me your setup?? I will try to make it more better