• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do I go about

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
looking for breeders of POWs?

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
Thank you. I have been looking for mates for my boys since before Lulu died. None of the breeders here in California had many chicks this year. That amount is a bit over my budget.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thank you. I have been looking for mates for my boys since before Lulu died. None of the breeders here in California had many chicks this year. That amount is a bit over my budget.
I'm so sorry for your loss of Lulu!
:sadhug2:

They're pretty rare so maybe that's why they're so expensive. I wish you much luck in your search for a new bird

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
Thank you. I bought mine for 250.00 apiece. I’m sure I will eventually find either two females or maybe trade one male with a fee for a female. It is just getting the “want/need” out there.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Have you tried rescues verses breeders?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Have you tried rescues verses breeders?
Princess of Wales parakeets are quite uncommon through most of the United States. Due to that fact, it may not be possible to find them in a rescue that is close enough to this member to allow adopting.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Princess of Wales parakeets are quite uncommon through most of the United States. Due to that fact, it may not be possible to find them in a rescue that is close enough to this member to allow adopting.
Very Uncommon yes, but not impossible. Doesn't hurt to try, you just never know what you may come across in a rescue.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
looking for breeders of POWs?
Those are very pretty birds, hard to find if at all.
Last time I seen some was in Denver Colorado when I was visiting relatives. That was like 12 years ago. Might have to see about a breeder and shipment from Australia.

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
I would love to rescue rather than purchase! I am familiar with dog and cat rescues. What are some bird rescues particularly in California?