• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG I SMELLED IT!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I love what this thread started with and I am loving what it has turned into!!! :rofl: This thread alone proves that all bird lovers are total weirdos :lol:

I am always sniffing Burt and I especially love the smell of him when he gets really excited about something......even his little wing pits smell great to me :D

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
And my husband thought I was crazy for shoving my nose in Gracie's feathers. I loved to smell her and she just loved being up in my face so she didn't mind at all.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im not sure how we went from loving amazon scent to manly armpits, but i don’t mind either ;)
Oh my Jan! This is too funny! Thanks for the big belly laugh. I always say I . Buddy's little love poofs. Seems to come from his nose. However his wet bird smells, like a wet dog & a million gym socks combined.

Whew, (holding nose like he's Peppy La Pew) from looney toons cartoons.

:cool4:

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
What does she smell like Jan? Interestingly when Ollie (OWA) first came to live with me he smelled terrible. I seriously didn't know how I was going to live with it. I had heard the Amazon smell was an acquired taste, but he smelled like rotting fruit. A year or so later as he settled in, he changed scent. He began to smell like milk and fruity biscuits. He still smells like that today - I love smelling Ollie. Bobbie (RLA) smells of garlic... don't know if that is her breath. Recently she sometimes gives off whiffs of lovely perfume. I don't know if the garlic scent is to do with hormones? Chico (elderly Panama) doesn't really smell of anything.