• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I just want to celebrate a mean streak being over

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Thanks! Can I ask, does Buddy only act like that when she's making a nest? I seem to recall you said she likes to make nests? I hope I'm not making that up ?
...yes, she does get cranky when she's into nest building... but her diva days do happen at other times too...and yes, you recall her nest building correctly! :yes3: That was when we were under the mistaken thought that our girl was a boy...:rolleyes:...maybe that contributed to her snippyness...

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
...yes, she does get cranky when she's into nest building... but her diva days do happen at other times too...and yes, you recall her nest building correctly! :yes3: That was when we were under the mistaken thought that our girl was a boy...:rolleyes:...maybe that contributed to her snippyness...
That's so interesting! I was just reading yesterday and it said quakers are the only true nest builders out of all parrots. They said other parrots find nests in tree holes and stuff. How wrong they were!

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Sooo glad that’s over for your sake! Blu is lucky to have a mom who loves him so much and let’s him make his way through his hormonal, nasty, angry nest building phases :)

It is hard to picture though- I mean I understand exactly what you’re saying but he is just such a cute lil angry bird that when I picture him attacking you in my head he still looks adorable :wacky: Sorry, I know it’s NOT funny at all - just the way I “see” it in my head he looks like nothing but a sweet blue angel that is completely mauling you :dead:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Sooo glad that’s over for your sake! Blu is lucky to have a mom who loves him so much and let’s him make his way through his hormonal, nasty, angry nest building phases :)

It is hard to picture though- I mean I understand exactly what you’re saying but he is just such a cute lil angry bird that when I picture him attacking you in my head he still looks adorable :wacky: Sorry, I know it’s NOT funny at all - just the way I “see” it in my head he looks like nothing but a sweet blue angel that is completely mauling you :dead:
:lol:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I guess it would be hard to believe with how little and floofy he is. Next time he does this and I need a vacation I can send him to your house for a little vacation :embarassed:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Joey is a little hormonal. Right now.
He keeps doing his goofy bird dance.
0E812410-CD4D-402E-8AC0-3BAEF313021D.jpeg

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
And today is day 4 of Blu being back to old sweet self again and I'm enjoying him so much.

The odd thing is, he's still weaving. But somehow something clicked in his brain 4 days ago and he's not attacking me for looking at it, being too close to it, or even touching it. So the nest can stay until it gets dirty or causes problems.