• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormonal display - what to do?

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OK, do I ignore him when he is trying to regurgitate? When he does this while in his house, I walk away. I can't really walk away when he is out. Maybe I should have ignored it. At least he did not bite me. He got me yesterday when I was not paying attention. Not having luck uploading video.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, as I understand it but... there's a rejection issue as I understand it. I tell Buddy I think it's gross & yucky. I :heart: him & then change my focus from him.

It hasn't happened where he has done while holding him in a long while. I've placed him on his cage from that situation & just walked away. I didn't know about this rejection thing @ the time. Maybe @Mizzely, @Hawk12237 can say this more effectively than I am. My brain fog must've hit, I can't remember where I was going...

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
You can walk away, won't be viewed as rejection. Change focus, point to something interesting, say " hey look at that" ...
Will they view it as rejection? Naaaaa, They get over it.
Unless you want to share the burped up food.
Many birds I have had have wanted to burp up goodies for me. I just walk away, saying " nice!!! But no thanks, you eat it!!! Be back in a sec, love ya" .... And leave it at that. And I have terrific bond with my birds. No one here is offended if I walk away for a few. The love is always there.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You can walk away, won't be viewed as rejection. Change focus, point to something interesting, say " hey look at that" ...
Will they view it as rejection? Naaaaa, They get over it.
Unless you want to share the burped up food.
Many birds I have had have wanted to burp up goodies for me. I just walk away, saying " nice!!! But no thanks, you eat it!!! Be back in a sec, love ya" .... And leave it at that. And I have terrific bond with my birds. No one here is offended if I walk away for a few. The love is always there.
I like the hey look @ that! Great idea!

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
Oh goodness! At least mine only feeds his toys. I would probably puke if he tried to feed me! LOL

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just walk away or give a toy for distraction that they have to walk away from me in order to get. Thankfully, my amazons rarely regurgitate. The macaw likes to alternately feed and mate with my ear. She was quite persistent in her youth but is slightly better now. Sometimes if she's out and sitting on me and just wants to regurgitate and then eat it again, I'll toss her over to her gym to play(she's flighted).

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
OK, do I ignore him when he is trying to regurgitate? When he does this while in his house, I walk away. I can't really walk away when he is out. Maybe I should have ignored it. At least he did not bite me. He got me yesterday when I was not paying attention. Not having luck uploading video.

Agreed. Change focus.