• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Summer Zoomies

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
On a whim I tried getting some nice pictures of Zeus and Axel playing yesterday and imagine my sheer astonishment when an action shot actually came out nice! The stars mush have aligned, or maybe I finally managed to get the settings right on this camera for once, but about three paws on the ground between them and almost no blur.

And then there is this. :lol:
Zeus is a majestic little derp.

And Axel was finally hot and tired enough to hold still for a picture.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Great shots! Axel is so pretty!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Beautiful dogs!

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Gorgeous dogs! Great shots indeed!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
They look like they are having a blast. Love the picture :)

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Beautiful! Is Axel a German shepherd?

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Thank you everyone! They've been enjoying summer, both like winter better and get too hot easily but without the snow and ice they've made a racetrack around the backyard.

Beautiful! Is Axel a German shepherd?
Yes, and he's made me fall in love with them. He's fun in a lot of ways that remind me of a huge furry parrot, smart but exhausting to deal with.
And I have no idea what Zeus is. A good boy. :laugh:

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Thank you everyone! They've been enjoying summer, both like winter better and get too hot easily but without the snow and ice they've made a racetrack around the backyard.

Yes, and he's made me fall in love with them. He's fun in a lot of ways that remind me of a huge furry parrot, smart but exhausting to deal with.
And I have no idea what Zeus is. A good boy. :laugh:
I’m totally in love with german shepherds but I have a lot of animals atm so I have banned myself from getting any more until I move out!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm not a fan of the standard black and tan coat of GSD's, so I didn't care for them until I worked at a K9 kennel and the majority of them were sable coats. Axel is stunning!!!

Zeus kind of makes me think of an akita mix. Derp behavior makes me think of husky though!!! :rofl:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I'm not a fan of the standard black and tan coat of GSD's, so I didn't care for them until I worked at a K9 kennel and the majority of them were sable coats. Axel is stunning!!!

Zeus kind of makes me think of an akita mix. Derp behavior makes me think of husky though!!! :rofl:
My fur-nephew Murphy is a sable gsd. And yep, he is one handsome boy! Sooo ridiculously smart too!

Attachments

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra

Today's picture. Yes I did have to tell them I had a treat to get them both to look at me. Axel has short legs on a long body and Zeus has a shot body on long legs.
:lol:

Thank you!
Same, I was never really sold on the standard look. I found out about their different coat colors when I had to get some serious help for a previous dog's dog aggression. The trainer I was referred to actually breeds working line German shepherds and competes internationally in schutzhund. A few of her dogs helped Bear work on learning to trust dogs again, they were beautiful but crazy intense. (And when my father decided he wanted a German shepherd he wanted one of her pups! :jawdrop1: No thank you!)
She introduced us to Axel's breeder, he is a 2nd generation working line x West German show line cross.

Akita mix foe Zeus was my guess but he is such a derpy cinnamon roll he just doesn't fit the steryotype... but he's at least two breeds, probably more, so who knows.
Someday I want to try an Embark DNA test on him.

For me he looks more like a Belgium shepherd. (Tervueren)
He does look a lot like a Tervueren but that's fine with me :D (I think they are prettier than most German shepherds anyway!) But he's just an odd shepherd, sable with a long coat and a pointy muzzle due to his overbite.

I would love to have a Tervueren or Groenendael someday. My first dog Shadow was a groenendael mix and he was amazing. Smart, thoughtful, polite, delicate, and very independent until I was needed (possibly from his husky side.)

(I think he was about 8 in this picture? He passed away in in 2016 at 14. I miss him a lot.)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Tervueren are very nice shepherds so that was a compliment. :)
Alex is a very beautiful long coated shephard. ♥

When I see Zeus in the last pic I think of Finnish Spitz, Japanese Shiba, Retriever and Akita.
You know that you can do a DNA to tell what he is? I guess they are expensive.
I'm so sorry for your loss of Shadow. :(
He was beautiful. ♥

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The DNA tests are, unfortunately, not very accurate... You can have a test done by 3 different companies and they'll give you 3 different results...