• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BBT's S/S Bird Toys

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Howdy!! Our Stainless Bird Toys have been off the grid since the beginning of March due to some unforeseen circumstances. In other news for the toys, we have a new welder to weld the orings closed and now I have hubby involved somewhat!! Once the toys are made up, we can breeze through with getting them welded and of course they also require to be cleaned up from the weld. With this new welder, When I welded my first ring on it ... it was a perfect weld but when I did the next oring weld, I bombed out and messed it up!! LOL! Practice, practice.

If any of you have looked at our stainless toys, you know that most of them consist mainly of stainless metal of various items. My question is: Are there many people out there that would like to see some plastic items on a stainless toy? I have a couple or so that have a little bit and depending on the bird, some might break/destroy the plastic.

I had recreated another version of my Masterpiece toy and name it the Jr. Masterpiece which is slightly smaller one but does not look the same as the original Masterpiece toy. Not a good pic at this time but this is it below. This particular toy does not have the rings welded in the image. Image will be retaken for the site when it is ready for purchasing.

Masterpiece-JR-1a-333k.jpg

As stated on the site, toys mostly are made up at time of ordering. I would like to make up certain ones to have readily available but when time allows for that sort of thing. So naturally and stainless toys ordered, may take a few days to get done before shipping out.

Also, always read Recommended Bird Size tab to see what bird the toy is most suitable for. All birds play differently so where one might try to destroy a toy ... another bird has no intention in doing so.

I also have another couple of toys in the works so that will come available a bit later on.

Last edited:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
I personally don’t like plastic much, it kills so many animals, including our treasured birds!

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I love the plastic on that toy. :heart: My parrotlets favorite toys are plastic toys and she would love that one. I think it comes down to personal discretion and knowing your bird. My gal doesn’t have much chewing power and never destroys a toy. She just likes to beak them and swing them around.

tattoosiva

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
If it's purely for decoration, my guys can't be botherd or care about the plastic. It's all about the noise, climbing, banging and trying to remove or unscrew unscrewable SS parts without getting scolded.

I think the 3 or 4 toys I purchased from you were all SS, they love the skewer and the one you can attach to the cage with the bolts and washers.

Last edited:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I like the plastic on it too!

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
the plastic looks great, although I wouldn't buy it for dexter because he'd scratch the plastic bits to heck. when I eventually get smaller birds id definitely spring.for something with the plastic

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Just like anything, you've got to know your bird. :) I love how this toy looks with the plastic parts!

Sherbie zeros in on plastic and anything that makes noise when she bulldozes in to it, but she's a small bird who can't make a dent in acrylics/plastic beads.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I have updated a few of the s/s toys by making a note on the description area about letting me know if you do not want any plastic beads on the toy. I will replace with something of stainless instead.

You're right on Sadie, knowing your bird really helps. That's why it is sometimes hard to recommend a particular toy size for a particular bird size... like my B&G Macaw has never ever destroyed those 1" plastic acrylic beads but yet some Macaws crack them like if it was made of butter! My Macaw will grate her beak on the edges but has never worn them down, it just dulls the plastic.

Thank you for your input to those that have done so! :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I adore acrylic on stainless toys, especially in bright funky colors like pink and green, or translucent colors :heart: Especially if they move!

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I was playing around and came up with this toy, for some reason I don't know if I consider it safe as far as could toes get caught when playing with it or not? It's a cute toy so I may need to redesign it. The stars are 1-1/4" across the smaller little ring beads next to the stars have an inside diameter of 3/8" and the toy is almost 7" from top to bottom. What do you all think?

When I had these stars made up, the original ones were very sharply pointed so I sent them back and had the guy remake them so the points would be somewhat rounded. I'd still like to have them even more rounded at the points.

Shining-Stars-1a-286k.jpg
Shawna - me too, the acrylic really makes the toy pop with the colors added. I think a hint of it is good!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Kinda hard to tell from here if toes could get stuck, but whenever I'm uncertain, there are some toys I set aside and the bird can play with them but only if they're supervised.

Those parts would make cute foot toys, too.

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
I would buy that star toy for my little birds for sure. :heart: It’s very cute.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That’s a very cute toy!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a nice toy although I do agree with you regarding toes but it depends on the bird.