• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming WB Caique

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I find myself having to rehome our new caique in order to keep the family peace! Unfortunately, his loud ear-piercing beeps/tweets are driving my hubby up the wall. Please no hubby bashing as hubby is very good with our other 4 birds, 2 dogs and cat - but ours is a quiet flock and this little toot is even stressing out our male grey who keeps telling the caique, in a plaintive, whiney voice "Nooooooo".
So, about the caique. He is a DNA male, white belly caique, 10 years old, VERY SWEET AND CUDDLY, he needs a lot of one on one and is just happy to sit with/on you. He is somewhat plucked but not bald. Very curious and likes to wander around. He does not hop much or play with too many toys. He just wants his human mostly. Or maybe another caique friend? Not sure if he has ever been with another caique as I am not original parront. He is like other caiques that can go bi-polar and bite but seems to be less than others I have heard of. Mainly when he doesn't want to go to bed. :) I've only been bitten three times in 90 days so for a caique that's good!
He has a slight overbite so needs beak trims every 6 weeks to keep it in check. Vet said he seems very healthy but we have not done blood tests yet.
I am asking a fee and his cage and toys come with him. We are in NW Chicago suburbs and will not ship but if you are near the NW FL area I will be taking a trip there in July so could easily bring him with me. If interested leave a post here (not sure I have enough posts to receive PMs?). Sometimes takes me a day or two to reply though. IMG_20190429_210034_122.jpg IMG_20190429_210034_122.jpg

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Where are you located? My husband has really been wanting one of these.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that you need to re-home. I hope that you are able to find a wonderful new home for him. What is his name?

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Oh nevermind I see your in Chicago.. We are in Alabama but what part of florida are you traveling to? We may be able to go to the Pensacola/ Gulf shores area.
KatelynDeanne, I'm hoping to travel by car to Gulf Breeze sometime in July. Trying to narrow the time frame down. It could work if you guys are interested. I can post a link to some pics or video of him. He was particularly sweet and cuddly tonight. I'll try to send you a message.

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
KatelynDeanne, I'm hoping to travel by car to Gulf Breeze sometime in July. Trying to narrow the time frame down. It could work if you guys are interested. I can post a link to some pics or video of him. He was particularly sweet and cuddly tonight. I'll try to send you a message.
okay! sounds great. thank you!:)

PacoTheTaco

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brittany
I recently lost my almost 20 year old WB and would gladly meet you while you’re in Florida. Please let me know.

Thank you.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
I recently lost my almost 20 year old WB and would gladly meet you while you’re in Florida. Please let me know.

Thank you.
Hi Brittany,
I'm sorry to hear of your WB passing. It's so sad to lose one of our littles...
My trip has been pushed to mid-August. Pending the final details of my house closing in FL. Should be between the 12th and 25th of Aug sometime. If you are really interested I will update you by PM when I finalize plans. I can PM some pics/video of Little Toot if interested.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
@PacoTheTaco , I wasn't sure if you were still interested in our little caique, Rocky. Our house near Pensacola closes on 8/12 /19 and I wll be coming through there the 9th/10th August. Let me know if any interest. Sent a PM. IMG_20190713_232508_979.jpg

PacoTheTaco

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brittany
He is beautiful! I am not on the forums very often so I totally missed your previous messages. You can text me as well 404-804-7392

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
Update: Rocky is still available with rehome fee AND he is growing in new feathers. Yay!