• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Makari update vids

ReNap

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chelsey
Couple pictures and what she has learned so far, which I forgot to add to the original post since I was out and only had time to link the videos

So far what she has learned to say is “watcha doin?”
“*kissy noises*”
“What?”
“*coughing*”

As far as training, she currently knows:

Targeting, either to a closed fist or a chopstick. The chopstick I use moreso for visitors and people she doesn’t know to build a relationship with her

Flight recall. She comes when I call her name and give a hand signal

To fly to a perch when I point to it and say “perch”

Spin in a circle, almost always accompanied by saying “whatcha doin?” mid spin which I’m not sure why or how those got combined in her head lol

Harness training is a work in progress, she’ll sit still with it on while being reinforced at this point but keeping it on longer durations and being comfortable with it while moving around is still being slowly worked on

She’s got food all over her face in the outdoor ones, because she is a lady of class
3470C146-E688-42EA-9B54-C04C5C3E0DF3.jpeg 8426D25F-2FBD-4F15-9EBA-C059F4E4C0DD.jpeg C43C42CB-8B76-4AA0-9D21-9504D9DB6200.jpeg 9B6F11B3-3445-4DFE-9026-1F94C004CAF5.jpeg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
What a beauty! :loveshower:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for the update. She is very cute/pretty and seems to also be very sweet. Glad that things worked out with her.
Smart young lady, too. :)