• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw befriends wild bird (Rock pipit)

Begone2

Meeting neighbors
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this on. If not, some kind person could re-direct me.

We now have a kind of outdoor aviary - wire mesh strung on our balcony, allowing me to take my macaw out for some fresh air and natural light. I don't leave him out there unsupervised. We live right on the shore, and there are plenty of wild birds for him to watch, and occasionally shout at. However, we get a regular visitor who seems fascinated by Sultan, the macaw. In turn, Sultan has got to like and trust this little bird. He is a Rock Pipit. The wild bird gets as close as he can to the wire, follows Sultan about, and they even fly together. The pipit is not interested in seed (an insectvore), and already has a mate and a nest nearby. Occasionally we see both birds hanging about, like some kind of avian paparazzi. Quite often, the pipit arrives with a beak full of worms. I attach some photos.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww That´s so cute !!!❤❤