• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your birds like birdie bagels?

Do your birds like birdie bagels?

• Yes

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Sort of...

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
None of my four have ever shown any interest in them, no matter how I've tried!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt is not a massive fan of them either.
He will inspect them and have a little play but they are the last thing he has any interest in.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Nope, never had them interested lol

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I read somewhere that birds loved them so I got a bunch to make some toys and.... Nothing. Hahah

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No, funny story though...new parrot owner, zero experience, zero message board experience, first online food order and they sent along some freebies with my order. I got this round thing, I had no clue what it was or what it did. I couldn't figure it out at all. I wasn't sure how it opened. It kind of looked like it might peel so I peeled it all apart and whatever it was never amounted to anything but a paper mess. I shrugged my shoulders cleaned up my mess and thought how strange they sent me something like that. It was quite some time later that I realized that strange circle thing was a foot toy designed for the bird to peel apart. :headsmack:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
No, funny story though...new parrot owner, zero experience, zero message board experience, first online food order and they sent along some freebies with my order. I got this round thing, I had no clue what it was or what it did. I couldn't figure it out at all. I wasn't sure how it opened. It kind of looked like it might peel so I peeled it all apart and whatever it was never amounted to anything but a paper mess. I shrugged my shoulders cleaned up my mess and thought how strange they sent me something like that. It was quite some time later that I realized that strange circle thing was a foot toy designed for the bird to peel apart. :headsmack:
Hahaha well it kept YOU entertained for a little bit!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

LOL!! This sounds like something I would do!! Love it!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@Karen, I had a similar experience with a bamboo finger trap that was sent as a freebie with my first online order.....I tried to figure out what it was meant to be for and by the time I had searched and discovered a lot of birds like them to shred I had already ruined it with my investigative powers.

Last edited:

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Karen, I had a similar experience with a bamboo finger trap that was sent as a freebie with my first online order.....I tried to figure out what it was meant to be for and by the time I had searched and discovered a lot of birds like them to spread I had already ruined it with my investigative powers.
Too funny, LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I read somewhere that birds loved them so I got a bunch to make some toys and.... Nothing. Hahah
What size are they? Farlie loves 'em, the small ones tho.
If you have any small ones left over I'll buy them from you.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ernie Pionus loooves bagels!

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Yes, Kobe (Pionus) and Ollie (Amazon) LOVE bitty birdie bagels - the smallest ones. I thread them on leather strips with soft pinewood slats, wooden beads, woven palm, balsa wood, cardboard, woven finger traps, etc.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
What size are they? Farlie loves 'em, the small ones tho.
If you have any small ones left over I'll buy them from you.
I have the small ones, and the small extra thick ones, and other sizes. I don't have very many though, I didn't buy very many since I wanted to try them out. I keep sticking them on skewers thinking maybe someday they'll figure them out!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Yes, Kobe (Pionus) and Ollie (Amazon) LOVE bitty birdie bagels - the smallest ones. I thread them on leather strips with soft pinewood slats, wooden beads, woven palm, balsa wood, cardboard, woven finger traps, etc.
Sounds like my skewers! I put all kinds of stuff on there. It's funny how they'll suddenly get interested in something when it's next to a favorite texture.

Mermaid

Meeting neighbors
I've tried looping birdie bagels onto twine and my parrotlet has never been interested. He does love other toys that he can chew and destroy, so I'm not sure why he's not interested in these.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Nope.....mine wouldn't eat them. Even tried different sizes of it, break it up....nope! They weren't having it. Waste of money.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I saw this toy and so I ordered bagels just to make it. They might be useful in toy making as long as they are not the main event. :D

Attachments