• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescue

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
A local farmers barn cats had a couple litters and the ones who don’t get taken he’s going to kill :angry101::extremeanger:

So of course I’m taking five :lolsign:
I’ll be picking them up tomorrow, I just got back from getting supply’s for them. I’ll start setting up a spot for them now. I’ll make sure to keep you guys posted!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's really sad. It's great that you are taking them.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It is very sad that the farmer has cats and does not want kittens but he has not had the cats fixed. I understand things are done quite differently on farms for many reasons but this incident is such an easy fix, good on you for rescuing some of the poor innocent critters. Will you be keeping all 5 you are rescuing or finding them other homes?
I hope you manage to easily find good forever homes for all of them so none of them have to be killed.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Good for you taking the kittens you could. Maybe you could raise some funds and offer to have the farmers cats spayed if he would allow you to do that. Never hurts to ask.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
@Shezbug we will be keeping one and rehoming the others.
Good for you taking the kittens you could. Maybe you could raise some funds and offer to have the farmers cats spayed if he would allow you to do that. Never hurts to ask.
I don’t think he would take that very well :(

I wish I could take all of them but I can’t afford to take care of 10 cats for their whole life If no one wants them :banghead:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am so very pleased to hear that you are doing what you are to help these poor babies, you are a treasure. What a very sad situation and an irresponsible farmer. I am sorry if you thought I was having a go at you, I did not mean to come across so bluntly.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
I am so very pleased to hear that you are doing what you are to help these poor babies, you are a treasure. What a very sad situation and an irresponsible farmer. I am sorry if you thought I was having a go at you, I did not mean to come across so bluntly.
You weren’t blunt at all! I completely agree!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Pics?:dance5:

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Update: They have been here for one night and wow there a handful! We dedicated a spare room to them that had a bed in it which I THOUGHT they couldn’t get under but of course they proved me wrong! :lol:Luna the black and white one was pretty easy to catch but Simba a brown and white one was a huge pain in the butt! We spent over half an hour trying to catch him/her. :bash:I wouldn’t have minded them being under the bed but when they were they refused to come out for food water or kitten milk and their super skinny!

We have since moved them both in to a large dog carrier because they can escape out of EVERYTHING else and I’m not exaggerating!:faint:

Then when I peeked in to the dog carrier I saw them both snuggled up together against one of my child hood teddy bears and it made all that stress and exhaustion worth it!

Oh and btw we only got 2 because that’s all the farmer could catch!

Last edited:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Pics???

Please :)

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
I wondered how long it would take for someone to say that! :hehe:

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
They're precious! Simba and Luna are adorable! Thank you for taking them in! Both of my cats were public farm rescues (because people dump them there) and they were wonderful cats. My heart-cat was a black and white farm rescue.

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
They're precious! Simba and Luna are adorable! Thank you for taking them in! Both of my cats were public farm rescues (because people dump them there) and they were wonderful cats. My heart-cat was a black and white farm rescue.
Aww :heart: