• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mobile site is buggy?

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
I'm using avenue on my mobile and no internet is not slow!! I cant edit a post or report it but I can hit like...is mobile site having bugs? I can do all of this on my iPad o_Oo_O

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Occasionally I have problems with the like button it pretty rare but it can happen, not recently thou... Other things can be buggy too. I'm not the most techy person. I'll tag some mods that can help @itzmered @Macawnutz

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I've only ever had two problems on the mobile. The fist is when I hit the like button the page refresh sticks. If I then reload the page my like has gone through fine. Second is the occasional long delay when loading a new page. Stopping then reloading fixes that and the page loads fine.

Edit, edit, edit (all fine)

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There is only a limited amount of time during which you can edit your posts. After that, it stays as it is.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Edit is working fine here. I use Chrome.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have the same sort of problems on my phone that @Ripshod mentioned. I hit like, post reply or watch thread and it takes forever to register but if I just ignore it and go to the next thing I wanted to read and go back to check later, my like or watch thread has actually registered.
I have not noticed a problem with the edit function on my mobile though. As @expressmailtome mentioned, you only have a very limited time to edit your post before it stays as it is.
Let’s hope you can get your issues sorted out @Mohit Gaur! Have you tried turning your phone off and restarting it? Often when my phone is glitching that is the easiest way to sort it out.

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
I have the same sort of problems on my phone that @Ripshod mentioned. I hit like, post reply or watch thread and it takes forever to register but if I just ignore it and go to the next thing I wanted to read and go back to check later, my like or watch thread has actually registered.
I have not noticed a problem with the edit function on my mobile though. As @expressmailtome mentioned, you only have a very limited time to edit your post before it stays as it is.
Let’s hope you can get your issues sorted out @Mohit Gaur! Have you tried turning your phone off and restarting it? Often when my phone is glitching that is the easiest way to sort it out.
Tried on chrome. It’s working fine :)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
It is typically a browser issue. I use chrome and it works fine

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I use chrome on my android and generally I can view the site fine. I do get lags with 'likes'. I also have an issue with slowly loading replies as other have mentioned above.

I have another issue, but this may just be my phone, typing messages from my mobile is very unreliable. The auto correct posts very crazy words even things like 'clairrrtyytytaaw' -- which makes no sense. I type the correct 'clarity' on my phone.. and it turns into gibberish. It is very difficult and time consuming to reply correct and coherent messages from my phone.. and takes me a lot longer to go through and correct the odd words. I have no idea why this happens on this site. I use the same typing feature for all of my mobile's sms, apps, emails, etc.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I use chrome on my android and generally I can view the site fine. I do get lags with 'likes'. I also have an issue with slowly loading replies as other have mentioned above.

I have another issue, but this may just be my phone, typing messages from my mobile is very unreliable. The auto correct posts very crazy words even things like 'clairrrtyytytaaw' -- which makes no sense. I type the correct 'clarity' on my phone.. and it turns into gibberish. It is very difficult and time consuming to reply correct and coherent messages from my phone.. and takes me a lot longer to go through and correct the odd words. I have no idea why this happens on this site. I use the same typing feature for all of my mobile's sms, apps, emails, etc.

My phone did that too, which was very annoying. I thought it was something to do with the interface here. Then it started doing it in other applications as well. I got a new phone and haven't had any issues since. So be aware your phone may start glitching more in the future.