• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Two crazy males!

Texas Tiel fan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Robert Seale
I WISH you guys could see what I just did when I came in from work and let the teils out of there cages for a while. Buzz and Ziggy are fast becoming good buddies. While they are not caged together, there side by side and often have a contest to see who can out-whistle the other! Ziggy is older than Buzz and has somewhat taken Buzz under his wing....so to speak. He has even gone so far as to try preening him on the head lately and for the most part, Buzz likes it......until today! Ziggy got a little carried away and was literally Stepping up on poor Buzz's head trying to mash him flat! Needless to say, Buzz DIDN'T care for that and they got into a short squabble! LMAO! Yes, I TRIED to get a pic of this but of coarse the minute you make a move toward them, like two kids they disperse!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are they in the terrible twos?

Texas Tiel fan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Robert Seale
Hello Lady Jane, According to Michelle (sunnysmom) you created that beautiful memorial she has on her page for her bird Sunny. My wife and I both love it and was wondering if you would have the time to do us one similar for our little whiteface pearl "Ozzie" we lost late last year? Sadly he was LESS than a year old and caught some sort of breathing issues.

Robert Seale

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am honored that you ask and so sorry for your loss. I wish i could do one for you. At the time i made one for Michelle i was using photoshop elements. That computer crashed from a virus. Repair person had to wipe computer clean and in the process i lost photohop. Could not find the disc to reinstall. I cannot fit a new one into budget so i stopped making signatures. I sincerely apologize.

If you send @macawpower58 a message she may have time to do one for you. She is a true signature artist.

Texas Tiel fan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Robert Seale
Lady Jane, THANK you for your reply. My wife and I BOTH still miss that little bird. I can sure relate to ANYONE who has gone thru a loss of a tiel. What's even worse is the story on HOW we got Ozzie in the first place. About two months prior to his illness, we had yet another favorite bird loss! His name was Petey, A full grown yellow pied male. THIS TIME it was totally our fault. My wife ask me one afternoon after work to bring in a 50lbs bag of dog food from her car trunk. Just as I opened the back door, Petey was right there and flew out the door and over the tree tops across the street! As hard as we looked (for days) that was the last we ever saw of him! Yes!, we learned a lesson the hard way about clipping wings that day! Now to Ozzie: the lady at the local pet shop (friends with my wife) felt so bad for us, she bought and GAVE Ozzie to us to help with the pain of losing Petey! So......in the three short years I found a MAJOR love for cockatiels, I've already lost two! I couldn't even began to imagine the loss for someone that's had there bird for many years. I just try not to think about it and do the very best I can (and love) all six that we have in our flock now.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Your story is heartbreaking. Bird loss is somehow one of the saddest events in our lives. I had a beautiful yellow English budgie about 5 years ago who could talk so well, he seemed to pick up anything I said and repeat it the next day. I was not sharp enough to pick up the early signs of avian gastric disease back then and he eventually died. The vet put him down because he was just wasting away. My life's journey now is to teach others about this often fatal disease.

I would love to take in a senior Cockatiel but I live in a HUD senior apartment where there are strict pet regulations and you can not have a bird larger than a parakeet. They are not supposed to fly inside your apartment. Some government official needs to re write the antiquated regulations.

I wish I could create a memorial signature for you and your spouse but that time has passed for me. Did Becky @macawpower58 respond to you? She seldom makes signatures any more but I thought this one time she may.

Weelasmaree

Strolling the yard
My eldest tiel started doing that when he "matured" to my much younger tiel Ponyo, who I believe to be female. Although, males can do it to each other too.
Now I have to make sure when he's in that mood that Ponyo is either with my partner or I distract him as I don't think it's healthy for Ponyo while she cannot defend herself or fly away.