• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

DIY play stand?

Flynn

Strolling the yard
Does anybody know how to make a wooden tree play stand? They're all so expensive online, I'd love to save a few bucks by making one myself. However, I have no idea how to go about getting the right branches, how to attatch them to a base, etc etc. I've attached a picture as an example of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
I made a stand (which I call a tree by the way even though it doesn't resemble one). Ok, my husband made it, but I was helping. It is not like this one on your picture but maybe it will be some inspiration for you.
Before it had only dowels, now it is reconstucted and it is still work in progress.
IMG_20190427_211952.jpg
I have birch branches, which are put with screws to the main stick (a mop stick to be exact). In each of the branches I drilled a hole (my husband did, but I was bringing him tools), so I could hand toys and not be afraid they will slip from the branch together with Edgar.
I'm waiting for apple branches to add some more. IMG_20190427_211829.jpg
Here is the bottom of the stand. I bought small coffee table with wheels (they can be blocked). What you see on the top of the table is heavy wooden cutting board. The main stick is put in place with a big screw and some nails and additionally stabilized with this wooden thing (part of the old toy). The cutting board is put in place with the nails.
I would really like to have this java tree stand but they are so expensive, that even if I had the money, it would still hurt me to spend it on such a stand.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
@Zara, after checking your link, I want a new stand. Oooo, I like this one a lot. Just wonder what my husband will say. He just made a new stand a week ago. He is a very patient man, but I'm not sure if he is that patient.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yea, it´s awesome! The guy who made the thread hasn´t been online in 6 months but it´s still a great thread and he left decent instructions :)

Show him the thread, see what he thinks ;)