• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New BirdTalk Magazine

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
If you haven't received an email back and no magazine, file a chargeback with your bank, paypal, etc. Get your money back! Don't let them get away with it!
Problem with that is PayPal grace period is 90 days. To late for me and others that purchased last year

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Has the advice given back then evolved?
I have learned a great deal through the years with bird talk. If that's what your referring to.
Help me deal with two very disabled birds from previous owners, deal with death of birds from old age. Break a very mean Amazon no one wanted, not even bird store. Yet my best buddy now....so yea, lots of useful stuff.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I had a year subscription, I received four issues and nothing since. The last one I got was the one with the ekkie on the cover, Chirp and I were mentioned in an article in that one. I was really looking forward to getting more issues in the future. I had discovered Bird Talk in 2016, shortly after I got Chirp, before I had even joined AA. It was so valuable to me as a new bird owner.

It's such garbage to drop everything and not even tell the people who spent money on your product anything. I received nothing, no email or anything. I tried DMing them on twitter, nothing. I saw the facebook post but it felt like such a non-answer.

So that's 40 or 50 bucks down the drain. Great.

Bird Talk, I thought you had changed, I thought you have fixed yourselves up and were set on a better path. But I guess we were wrong. Way to gain the trust of the bird community. :grumpy:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I have learned a great deal through the years with bird talk. If that's what your referring to.
Help me deal with two very disabled birds from previous owners, deal with death of birds from old age. Break a very mean Amazon no one wanted, not even bird store. Yet my best buddy now....so yea, lots of useful stuff.
Yes that's what I'm referring to . But do you think that anything new as to bird handling advice has changed. Like new ways to approach challenging behaviour . Old school vs. New school thoughts. Example...flooding versus operant Conditioning

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yes that's what I'm referring to . But do you think that anything new as to bird handling advice has changed. Like new ways to approach challenging behaviour . Old school vs. New school thoughts. Example...flooding versus operant Conditioning
Yes and no, the basics are the same. Diets have changed say since 1970. Different varieties, differently research. Got my first bird in 1970. redtailed hawk. My first parrot was a macaw I got in 1974. Then two cockatoos shortly after that...
but in general we are always learning new things. New school? Technology changes, treatment for birds have advanced, lifestyles have changed and advanced, yes there's a lot to concider....
As for advice changing? Bird talk once got slammed a few times from articles that public didn't agree with. So yes advice is based on long term experience, what worked. But not everything was set in stone. What works for one doesn't always work for another, there's variables at work.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The worst part is with explanation we can be understanding. If they said we need 6 months to again restructure as it became bigger then we anticipated we would all be fine. Shutting things down with a poorly written FB post and no resolve has us all in a fluster. They will lose all they worked for once again.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
The worst part is with explanation we can be understanding. If they said we need 6 months to again restructure as it became bigger then we anticipated we would all be fine. Shutting things down with a poorly written FB post and no resolve has us all in a fluster. They will lose all they worked for once again.
Agreed.

My e-mail was to the point.

I printed my email and will try to reach out today to see what options exist. I used pay pal but obviously no recourse there.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
They have a Twitter account and Instagram acct bomb them.

katebf38

Sprinting down the street
Bird Talk did put out a statement a couple months ago that said they had parted ways with the original management/editorial staff and were reorganizing. They expected to be back in business real soon and for us to be patient, but I checked a week ago and their sites are now downs. You can no longer read their Species Reviews and other things so I’m guessing they are struggling or out of business. :kickout:

Last edited:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just went to Parrotpublications.com. The site is still there?

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
They will lose all they worked for once again.
Sorry to say, i feel the same way. Without going into the nuts and bolts of internal issues, they could have shot-out mass emails we are under reorganization , subscriptions are temporarily on hold. Will keep everyone updated . Simple as that.
The way Parrot Publications has handled this so far, has most certainly doomed them for future trust and success.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Good luck , I sent them one , and many others have too :shakehead:

Yeah, I don't assume it would lead anywhere but, I figured before I started a complaint with the Better Business Bureau I should at least try. With no staff I'd be surprised if whoever is left would respond.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Yeah, I don't assume it would lead anywhere but, I figured before I started a complaint with the Better Business Bureau I should at least try. With no staff I'd be surprised if whoever is left would respond.

Go to parrot publications FB and make a comment . I have and a few others have as well. No one is responding, but the more people react possibly they will step up to the plate and take responsibility.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Go to parrot publications FB and make a comment . I have and a few others have as well. No one is responding, but the more people react possibly they will step up to the plate and take responsibility.

Sure, I'll give that a try. Couldn't hurt.