• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dinosaur sound

sunny_boy

Moving in
Real Name
Marius
Hi everyone! My tiel started making the dinosaur-like sound when he is out and wants food from me. I thought that's a sound that only babies make and according to the petshop he is about 6-7 months old, but could be younger. Does anyone know at what age do they stop making that sound? I'm just curious to figure out an approximate age.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Can you post a video of it or recording? It is hard to give advice without hearing it. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Is he eating enough? Baby tiels make a static type sound when they're hungry. How long have you had him? Sometimes baby tiels regress in a new home and need hand feedings, etc.

@Birdbabe ? @Tiel Feathers ?

sunny_boy

Moving in
Real Name
Marius
I've had him for 3 weeks now, he eats when he is in his cage too and he is very active and chirps a lot, so he seems to be just fine. Except for the new strange noise

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
Hi everyone! My tiel started making the dinosaur-like sound when he is out and wants food from me. I thought that's a sound that only babies make and according to the petshop he is about 6-7 months old, but could be younger. Does anyone know at what age do they stop making that sound? I'm just curious to figure out an approximate age.
My bird made that sound. He did it when he was hungry and stopped around 4 months.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
One of my birds made that noise until she was at least six months. She ate like a little piggy, but she just wanted comfort.