• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Demolition scheduled for tomorrow

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's a beautiful structure but I think you were absolutely right to take it down in the way you did. Glad to hear he's already chilling out a bit!

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
I'm afraid to speak too soon but he has been approximately 85% sweeter :fairy2:

As with any parrot, subject to change without notice. :D

You did the right thing in dismantling Blu's nest, and he will be happy to start a new project. I guess I have it easier with Ralph, who actually insists that I pull his little building projects apart.
:)

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
As with any parrot, subject to change without notice. :D

You did the right thing in dismantling Blu's nest, and he will be happy to start a new project. I guess I have it easier with Ralph, who actually insists that I pull his little building projects apart.
:)
Thank you! Yes, totally could change at any time. :lol:Ralph sounds so cute!

And he has already started a new one today

20190415_211336.jpg

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Wow he is determined :)

Why plastic straws? Is it his choice first or is there a concern of ingesting other materials? I am just curious. :geek:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Wow he is determined :)

Why plastic straws? Is it his choice first or is there a concern of ingesting other materials? I am just curious. :geek:
Unfortunately , it's the only thing that keeps his interest. I have to keep trying other materials because I know straws are not good for the environment and they will most likely be banned here soon anyway. I do recycle them but I still feel guilty

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Try putting in chop sticks, 1 of my friends Quakers, builds with them, and its mu h easier to dismantle, when her Quakers make a huge nest, she just takes it apart, then they rebuild it all up again, she said it keeps them busy,

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Try putting in chop sticks, 1 of my friends Quakers, builds with them, and its mu h easier to dismantle, when her Quakers make a huge nest, she just takes it apart, then they rebuild it all up again, she said it keeps them busy,
Ok, I will give them a try. Thanks Susan! How does your friend's quaker weave with them if they don't bend?

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
I was so surprised that he held his poop in all night and dropped the biggest one I've ever seen him do once he got out. Usually he poops all through out the night. Well done Blu!!
I think that holding his poop all night when allowed to sleep in his construction may be his way of saying he would prefer to sleep there.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm just glad he's back to normal & that everything went well. :hug8:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I think that holding his poop all night when allowed to sleep in his construction may be his way of saying he would prefer to sleep there.
You are probably very right about that because he took only like 5 days to build this

20190420_084231.jpg
And he slept in there last night. It's not big enough yet to fit his whole body so just put his butt in there and held his poop again till he got up this morning. I wouldn't mind letting him sleep there but I need to reconfigure things a bit because I keep a laptop on at night for light and ambient noise and I'm afraid he'll wake up before me and get to the cord. I'm not sure what to do. He's becoming a little territorial over it again but he's not oit of control... yet.