• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

We must collar Milton...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milton is doing OK...thanks for asking. :)

The plucking/barbering stopped about three weeks ago...and there are feathers starting to grow back in the affected areas. We're definitely encouraged by this, but remain cautious about everything.

He's been in good spirits all week...doing wonky 'too things all day long...like hanging upside down from his door and swinging around, vocalizing all the time...;)

He did have a funny interaction last night, which I'll post in the Cockatoo Causeway later today...:jawdrop1:
Maybe it was something with the change of weather or something. Elvis has been completely cute and calm this week too. (Well, calm for Elvis. LOL)

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Milton is doing OK...thanks for asking. :)

The plucking/barbering stopped about three weeks ago...and there are feathers starting to grow back in the affected areas. We're definitely encouraged by this, but remain cautious about everything.

He's been in good spirits all week...doing wonky 'too things all day long...like hanging upside down from his door and swinging around, vocalizing all the time...;)

He did have a funny interaction last night, which I'll post in the Cockatoo Causeway later today...:jawdrop1:
Oh good can't wait for the new story!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
@cassiesdad how did the collar work out? I am waiting for one for Kismet.
Your collars are on the way for both babies. Should be there next week. Mail to Canada seems to take forever. :(

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad how did the collar work out? I am waiting for one for Kismet.
Milton has gotten used to the ponchos that @EkkieLu made him. Just as I was ready to put one on him, Milty started large areas of new feather buds, which he has left alone now for about three weeks now.
So we're delaying putting a poncho on Milt for the time being, as suggested by our AV...if he starts to bother the regrowth , we can put it on immediately...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Like I said before, Milton treats the poncho like a toy...hiding underneath it, then popping out and saying "PEEKBOO".

The poncho is a "last resort"...and would be more or less permanent...so it makes sense not to start one while Milty is letting a bunch of (I count almost 30) new feather buds come in...:fingerscrossed:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Like I said before, Milton treats the poncho like a toy...hiding underneath it, then popping out and saying "PEEKBOO".

The poncho is a "last resort"...and would be more or less permanent...so it makes sense not to start one while Milty is letting a bunch of (I count almost 30) new feather buds come in...:fingerscrossed:
Exactly! Don't use them unless you absolutely have to. I should have quoted Odin when I posted That comment. It wasn't directed at Milton. So sorry for the confusion Bob. :(

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Exactly! Don't use them unless you absolutely have to. I should have quoted Odin when I posted That comment. It wasn't directed at Milton. So sorry for the confusion Bob. :(
...no problem! :)

I'm just hoping that Milt will leave these new buds -now sheaths- alone. We've gotten by the critical first two weeks...usually the prime time for Milty to remove the new growth in the past....and I think the sheaths will unfurl probably in the next week or so...so, :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:...:)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Sounds like Milton is being a very good boy!
...yeah, for the most part..he still wants to sneak out to the front room and threaten the guinea pigs all the time...;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton is still not bothering the new feather sheaths. He knows I'm looking at them, so I always compliment him on how nice they look. :D

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well lets hope all your positive reinforcement has made him turn a corner as he does like happiness and your telling him what a pretty bird he is now which he loves.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Well lets hope all your positive reinforcement has made him turn a corner as he does like happiness and your telling him what a pretty bird he is now which he loves.
Cassie was also very pleased with herself as she regrew her feathers...I think it's also a 'too thing...they love the praise....:yes3: