• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bleeding from beak

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Hey,

I got a linnie almost two weeks ago. The first when i had him fe fpew unto his bars and started bleeding from his beak (above by his nose, that goes over from beak to feathers). Now he falls sometimes when he flies or when i want to get him, when he does it starts bleeding again. Not allot just like a drip of blood. It reopened now 4 times. Anybody has any tips to what i can do?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Anybody has any tips to what i can do?

Take him to the vet asap.

Probably not what you want to hear but really ,that is the best thing to do. Sounds like he´s suffering balance issues as well as the injury to the beak.
Hope he´s ok, please keep us updated ❤

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh gosh I agree that a trip to the vet is a good idea. As far as the falling, I hope it's only that he's a clumsy baby. Gigi fell often when she was young.

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
I called the vet. They said i should look if his beak is getting better within a week, if it wasn't i should come back. It's getting a whole better, the cut is almost gone. Also he said the clumsyness could come from his wings got clipped wrongly and maybe cause he is young. I found they clipped them wrong, 7 on one side and 10 on the other side. I'm happy he is getting a whole lot better and my friend (she studied for it) said she would look if she can clipp them right this coming week.