• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Her intelligence is better than mine...(help me) LOL

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Sooo I bought Lucy a new toy this past weekend. When I gave it to her I said "here is your present, its like your birthday!" ..So for the past two days Lucy will say "ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!" out of no where!! Now I feel like I have to go buy her toys when she says it and she WONT stop saying it!!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Training 201. The next step.

You are in trouble (said in a sing-song voice).

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
❤ Lucy!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:lol:

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
And that's exactly why I didn't get an AG when I got my first bird - I didn't want a bird that much smarter than me.
Well I was wanting the challenge of a bird smarter than me to see if I could try to outsmart her.. NOPE.
Bird-1 Katelyn-0
(as I make her cardboard toys because Im too broke to buy more right now):shifty:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well I was wanting the challenge of a bird smarter than me to see if I could try to outsmart her.. NOPE.
Bird-1 Katelyn-0
(as I make her cardboard toys because Im too broke to buy more right now):shifty:
Katelyn 1- Bird 1

They like presents. I don't think Buddy cares where his presents come from. Now, to me is just as smart as any other bird, I had nothing to compare it to. Just vary presents. Box one day, paper roll another day egg carton another day. Vary what you stuff them w/ Buddy just likes paper rolls jammed in his cage bars. Use different colors using cupcake wrappers & crinkle paper + sometimes I use cardstock to make diff. colors. Oh yea & plain paper cups!!!! Couldn't find them cheaper than Sams club @ the time, I boug

Thats how to do a new toy daily on the cheap.

I love this foraging link lotsa good ideas + a fav. from posting here a while ago. Hide a bell in the box!!! Buddy seems to like the noise, he digs sounds!

Foraging

This ones good too!
Non-Food / Toy Foraging Opportunities | Beauty of Birds

Hope you like the different ideas too!

:hug9:

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Katelyn 1- Bird 1

They like presents. I don't think Buddy cares where his presents come from. Now, to me is just as smart as any other bird, I had nothing to compare it to. Just vary presents. Box one day, paper roll another day egg carton another day. Vary what you stuff them w/ Buddy just likes paper rolls jammed in his cage bars. Use different colors using cupcake wrappers & crinkle paper + sometimes I use cardstock to make diff. colors. Oh yea & plain paper cups!!!! Couldn't find them cheaper than Sams club @ the time, I boug

Thats how to do a new toy daily on the cheap.

I love this foraging link lotsa good ideas + a fav. from posting here a while ago. Hide a bell in the box!!! Buddy seems to like the noise, he digs sounds!

Foraging

This ones good too!
Non-Food / Toy Foraging Opportunities | Beauty of Birds

Hope you like the different ideas too!

:hug9:
Aww thanks!! Yeah I like those ideas! Lucy is definitely a paper gal. She likes cardboard a lot! I will look at the foraging idea :)