• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ghost needs a great understanding home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
received_2104249022984341.jpeg

So to say this is crushing my heart ..Ghost is a wonderful Goffins Cockatoo ...he is 15 yr old male ..he has never plucked ...I thought I had found him his forever found but this new mom has become ill and can no longer keep him ...I am so sad about this as they totally fell in love with him screaming and all ...Yes he is a screamer ..So he needs a home that understands the Cockatoo scream ..he is very friendly and loves to interact and play ...he comes with all his toys , play stand and cage ...Im not looking for a lot of money for him just a fair rehoming fee to know he will be looked after ...I will not ship him ...we live in Carseland which is in Alberta Canada by Calgary …

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so, so sorry! Ghost is such a beautiful guy, and it's awful that he has to be rehomed again. 'Toos are such characters, I'm sure you'll find him an amazing forever home in no time. :bluhug:

If I didn't have Taco and Aurélie, I'd be on my way to Carseland in a heartbeat to meet him! The risk of adding cockatoo dust is just too dangerous.

@JLcribber, you lookin for another 'too to add to the flock? :D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. If you weren't in Canada, I'd be very tempted to see if he and Elvis would get along.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope you find the right home, so sad..

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm so sorry. If you weren't in Canada, I'd be very tempted to see if he and Elvis would get along.
Knowing Elvis like I do, I think they would get along fine...it's unfortunate that it really can't be arranged.

There'd be another problem, also...if Ghost would come through Erie, he'd be staying here with us...period...end of discussion...;)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Hhmmm. Too bad you can't take a road trip to Pennsylvania with your cockatoo. And then he could just disappear into Bob's house, or Michelle's house.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
View attachment 299242

So to say this is crushing my heart ..Ghost is a wonderful Goffins Cockatoo ...he is 15 yr old male ..he has never plucked ...I thought I had found him his forever found but this new mom has become ill and can no longer keep him ...I am so sad about this as they totally fell in love with him screaming and all ...Yes he is a screamer ..So he needs a home that understands the Cockatoo scream ..he is very friendly and loves to interact and play ...he comes with all his toys , play stand and cage ...Im not looking for a lot of money for him just a fair rehoming fee to know he will be looked after ...I will not ship him ...we live in Carseland which is in Alberta Canada by Calgary …
I would be tempted but going from Canada to Michigan will require a lot of paperwork and probably quarantine for a few weeks....Both of which takes weeks to get sorted out. Might have to try people from Canada.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well ..I did it I found him a home ...I think its a good home ..or I thought it was a good home ...they wont return my texts on how he is doing ...as they say I broke the deal by keeping the play stand that was to go with him ..long stupid story … I just hope they are looking after him … I feel so bad that things went so wrong over a play stand … the sad thing is I will never know how he is doing now … I should have never gave him over first with out his stuff but I trusted this person and now everything is messed up … she seemed like a really great person ..I guess you really never know … :bash::sad1:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Well ..I did it I found him a home ...I think its a good home ..or I thought it was a good home ...they wont return my texts on how he is doing ...as they say I broke the deal by keeping the play stand that was to go with him ..long stupid story … I just hope they are looking after him … I feel so bad that things went so wrong over a play stand … the sad thing is I will never know how he is doing now … I should have never gave him over first with out his stuff but I trusted this person and now everything is messed up … she seemed like a really great person ..I guess you really never know … :bash::sad1:
How frustrating. I'm sorry. Sending good thoughts that Ghost is doing well.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Hhmmm. Too bad you can't take a road trip to Pennsylvania with your cockatoo. And then he could just disappear into Bob's house, or Michelle's house.
I like the way you think. ;)

It's not your fault they're being petty. Hopefully since they were good people before their nonsense, they'll still be a good home despite it.

We'd be happy to look into it for you if you were to accidentally let a name slip. 31.gif :angel2:

I'm very sorry to hear that you're ill. :sadhug2:

Last edited:

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
:sadhug2:Hopefully they get over themselves, that's a silly reason for them to be behaving this way. I hope they come around. I hope Ghost is treated well by them. Things change, people should understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.