• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Regurgitating on/"feeding" his own foot

Sparklewina

Checking out the neighborhood
So I brought my 21 year old Severe Macaw home last month and he has been regurgitating onto his own foot as if he's feeding his foot. I've seen one other bird do this and I can't figure out why he does it. At first he only did it when he was in his cage, at the bottom of the cage, when I was nearby. I thought perhaps he was showing me affection but since he couldn't reach me his foot was the next best thing (he also regurgitates for toys if they fall to the bottom of the cage, he has a strong history of hormonal issues). He never used to do this in his previous home. Just now he was sitting next to me on his stand and began regurgitating on his foot. If he regurgitates while on me I usually put him somewhere else (stand, cage, other perch) and he stops. He's a pretty amorous fellow. Is this mating behavior or something else?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Can you try filming it? It might help us understand how he is going about it.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My B&G regurgitates on his feet, too. He practically shoves his toes down his throat. :rolleyes: He does so when he's in a cheerful, bouncy mood, and he plays with his feet all the live long day. He also regurgitates on his favourite toys, seemingly for the same reason.

When Taco's in a truly hormone-driven state, he doesn't feed his feet or his toys; he smashes things around, screams, displays, and generally challenges the entire world to try him. In comparison, when he regurgitates for his feet, his toys, or me, it's less of an aggressive hormonal display and more of a "hey, I love you and I'm happy, have some dinner". Definitely bonding behaviour, but not so much a sexy-times behaviour. At least for him.

@Macawnutz also has a mac with an intense love of her own feet. Macaws have a foot fetish.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My Jardine's poicephalus does this too. I think it's because the act of regurgitating is easier with another beak and the foot fills in.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt also absolutely loves his feet and will regurgitate for them with toys in them or without toys in them. He also regurgitates for me, my hair when tied up, most of his toys and sometimes for the toilet paper I use to clean up his poop. Some of the things he regurgitates for are rather odd.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
My B&G regurgitates on his feet, too. He practically shoves his toes down his throat. :rolleyes: He does so when he's in a cheerful, bouncy mood, and he plays with his feet all the live long day. He also regurgitates on his favourite toys, seemingly for the same reason.

When Taco's in a truly hormone-driven state, he doesn't feed his feet or his toys; he smashes things around, screams, displays, and generally challenges the entire world to try him. In comparison, when he regurgitates for his feet, his toys, or me, it's less of an aggressive hormonal display and more of a "hey, I love you and I'm happy, have some dinner". Definitely bonding behaviour, but not so much a sexy-times behaviour. At least for him.

@Macawnutz also has a mac with an intense love of her own feet. Macaws have a foot fetish.
Scallywags who is 65(B&G) calls for the human child and will regurgitate on her feet. This is a daily occurrence when M gets home from school. This is also followed by lots of dancing, bobbing and the demand for scratches and cookies. When she has had her fulfillment she will spread her wings and either yell “Victory” or “Roadhouse”

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have a couple tiels who regurgitate to they're own feet..