• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mookie

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I'm so sorry. We had to put down our rottie in September, she was almost 11. Even though it was the right thing to do it was still so hard. It's so hard to lose our older babies even if we've been preparing ourselves for it. Many hugs to you.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
We had been preparing for many many months as it was suggested to have her put down way before Christmas. I spoke with the vet about trying some medication and food that was more suited to her needs and we tried a fair few different things till we found a combination of medication and food that seemed to manage her problem. The last few weeks has been tough on her as she was not responding as well to the new meds and diet anymore. It was very hard convincing myself that her quality of life was fastly diminishing so the time had come to say goodbye before she got any worse.
I am very very grateful for the few extra months we got to have with her. E73A5391-FD51-4E80-885E-DF1A44F236E8.jpeg One of the last photos taken of her before putting her to sleep. She actually loved going to the vet because she was obsessed with her carry crate and the vet staff were always so very good to her. She had a bit of fun in the clinic exploring everything she was not meant to just before this pic.

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. :sadhug2: Mookie was such a precious girl. :heart: And it sounds like she had quite the personality. I hope your wonderful memories bring you some comfort. My prayers and thoughts go out to you. :bighug:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I am so very sorry for you and your family. Mookie was just beautiful!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I really appreciate all the comments you have all made to me about this. Sharing such hurtful sad news with such caring people really has helped to ease some of the pain. Thank you all so much for being such a sweet online family to me :heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss of Mookie.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue