• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Progress with cherry juice and curcumin powder

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Thanks very much for all the info for birds with arthritis and athrosclerosis. Chico LOVES his tart black cherry juice as you can see in the video. I am mixing the CurcuminRich Theracurmin (by Natural Factors) in his yogurt. I am amazed it doesn't taste like turmeric!!! I OD'd him on turmeric a while back and he refuses to eat anything that has turmeric added now... but this he will eat!!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I used to give my amazons tart cherry juice over their monkey biscuits.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
I Googled Monkey biscuits Clueless - we can't get them in the UK. They sound good. :eat:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks very much for all the info for birds with arthritis and athrosclerosis. Chico LOVES his tart black cherry juice as you can see in the video. I am mixing the CurcuminRich Theracurmin (by Natural Factors) in his yogurt. I am amazed it doesn't taste like turmeric!!! I OD'd him on turmeric a while back and he refuses to eat anything that has turmeric added now... but this he will eat!!!

That looks like a feast! If Java could hold his food, I'd give him bigger pieces. What brand of cherry juice did you get? I haven't had any luck with finding cherries or juice that isn't diet/concentrate, so I'll have to order it online.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I Googled Monkey biscuits Clueless - we can't get them in the UK. They sound good. :eat:
I thought Zupreem made them. Maybe I'm wrong?

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Brittany0208 Chico can't normally hold food for very long - he just sticks his beak in his bowl and chews. :) Then wipes the excess all over the bars. :grumpy: :laugh: This was the cherry juice I got:

Biona Organic Pure Tart Cherry Juice 1 Litre (Pack of 3): Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

I just tried to see if you could get similar on the US Amazon - seems like you can only get concentrate. I'd buy that and water it down as directed.

I'll probably buy that for him, then.
Yeah, when Java has big pieces of food in his bowl, he tosses them out immediately, even when I put them back. The only thing that passes his inspection is fruit. That he has no problem eating :)