• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

avitec heating panels

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have that k and h also but neither bird has sat next to it for warmth.

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
The company that made the panels for Avitech are now selling them through Judith Archer. She is using the money to help fund Parrot Posse. They send toys, food and at times cages out to rescues in need.
Are the panels really big? I thought about getting some but if they are to big then it would terrify them.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
The ones I have are about the size of an average hand.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Are the panels really big? I thought about getting some but if they are to big then it would terrify them.
They sit outside the cage so you'd be surprised how well they adapt. Kari, since she was really sick, stays under the bigger one constantly...Bitty is also really fearful and he stared at it for awhile but now it's the spot he sits under consistently. Once they feel the heat, they are usually hooked.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
They sit outside the cage so you'd be surprised how well they adapt. Kari, since she was really sick, stays under the bigger one constantly...Bitty is also really fearful and he stared at it for awhile but now it's the spot he sits under consistently. Once they feel the heat, they are usually hooked.
I was thinking definitely getting one for Jellybean since he has had some health issues :( how do I get in contact with her to order :O?

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I messaged you her email address. :)

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh ahh..hope that looks better when I hit post but thanks, and yes, more than happy to answer general questions about the heating panels while trying to avoid "sales pitch"....wish me luck. Trying to figure out how all this works!
Hey, there you are! I didn't want to post your email "out loud" but have been trying to direct folks. Welcome to AA!

Judith R

Moving in
Real Name
Judith Archer
Regarding concerns about fearful birds, these do kind of fade into the background: there is nothing on them that the bird sees, this is one of my Greys, Kemo, obviously feather-challenged and in need of some extra warmth, in front of her big panel. (Bigger than necessary, this one is 30" and runs the width of the cage, but this allows her cage mate Quito to have warm spot as well, without shoving matches! These two have shared a cage for 18 years, they grump at one another while shring, get upset if caged separately IMG_1239.JPG .)

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Sent email!

I think the small size will be good as they are little conures.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Jenks loves the K&H panel we have, he snuggles up to it every night. I would like to check out one that sits outside the cage though. @Judith R do you have a website by chance or pictures of the different sizes with prices?

Judith R

Moving in
Real Name
Judith Archer
I'm assuming there is some way to message me here, not sure if it's all right to give my email address? I do not have a website, sorry. Again, I'm happy to answer general questions here, but "sales" belongs elsewhere...:). I think it's all right to list sizes: ExSmall, 11 x 11, which frankly works for most birds, all you want is a cosy area with a perch there, so they can step closer or further away, and self-adjust their warmth, Small, which is 11 x 16, and works even for big macaws, Medium. 11 x 30, and Large, 11 x 40, which I see used for aviaries, and for larger groups of smaller birds, picture a flock of keets all lined up enjoying the warmth!

Of course, there is always that one bird with their own idea of how this works: Quito, my other Grey, keeping her feet warm, the hard way: IMG_1243 (1).JPG

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Please may I have Judith’s email in a pm? Thanks
Wow these guys are fast!! They answered before I had a chance to!

Also I think Judith joined us here @Judith R

She is very nice to talk to.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Make sure you run it for about 8 hours in a room with ventilation first. Judith warned me about the smell and running it before using it. Best advice lol. They have a funky smell when you first turn them on but they work great.