• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Final Update

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Okay, final thread on Valentines cage
1. Cage was purchased on 7/11/2018 with a 6 months warranty
2. Drop down door almost fell on Valentine when I was putting the door up, (the screws had come loose) She was sitting on top of her cage door.
3. Contacted A & E Cage Co and there was a run around for 3 months about this. I got a final email from them this January which I passed onto the merchant.
4. Got a letter today from my credit card co., they cant do anything because too much time had elapsed (CC handles disputes for 115 days)
5. I also got a new drop down door yesterday from A&E and its going on tonite
6. So if anything else happens to the cage nothing can be done

FINAL thought , never do business with Americas Pet Store or Quality Discount Cages and A&E company, they will screw you to the wall.

Last edited:

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Can I add Petco to your list piece of crap companies? Ordered cage after cage because everyone i would order would say: processing, backordered, cancelled when there website states "instock" i've given up after 6 rejections. I have a supervisor trying to see where the disconnect is. But in the meantime I wait, and wait, and wait. I ordered Avian Adventure - Chiquita cage from Hayneedle on Sunday, cage shipped today, got fedex notification - Yay. But still not holding my breath until I see it physically and its assembled. It was cheaper than Petco, but the shipping was more. But I am hoping Petco with make good in some way - but not holding my breath on that one either.

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@MauiWendy I feel as tho, as consumers, that some online sellers are punishing us. Its sad but true

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
@MauiWendy I feel as tho, as consumers, that some online sellers are punishing us. Its sad but true
Yeah, I feel a little discriminated against because I live in Hawaii. It's not like I don't expect to pay a bit more, because I do. But, if they don't want to ship here then, disclose it! Don't make me waste my time (over a month) trying to get something you are not going to deliver to me. They finally told me that the cage I wanted was cancelled by the manufacture because it was discontinued. That's a load of crapola, I just ordered it from Hayneedle, and it shipped... from the manufacture (duh -major sarcasm). Like don't lie to me, I am not stupid. I almost gave up on getting this cage because of Petco. I will no longer deal with this company, and I am getting the word out.