• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage recommendations for two budgies?

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em
I've had two little budgies for years now (maybe about 4? 5 even?) and I think they need a new cage!

I've been looking on Ebay, which probably isn't the greatest idea, but I'm not rich and able to buy the first great cage I see, I'm on a budget of about $130 - $140 AUD.

I've found some good cages but the problem is the bar spacing. I find a lot of cages with 16 mm bar spacings and I know for some budgies that's okay but mine are on the smaller side, so anything less than 14 mm is what I need.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

I'm not looking for any specific type of cage (like I was before with a play top) it just needs to be able to house two budgies SAFELY, and be within my price range. I am willing to go over the price a little bit if it's absolutely the only option I have, but I'd really rather not go over $160, though I don't know how possible that is. I'll continue looking for now, but any links would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you all!

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I bought an a & e flight cage on ebay for my bourke I really like it another good option is the hq flight cage they both have 1/2 " bar spacing which is what you would want for your little ones

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Oh sorry.

D

Deleted member 29421

I've always thought "the bigger the better" but..... Ive learned that I need a step stool to reach the top and my arms are too short to reach the back when I reach in. :laugh: Also, Ive learned that budgies dont really use the bottom of a tall cage so its a lot of wasted space. Width seems preferable to height.....Ya live and ya learn.:smarty:

Ilse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Em
Flight Bird Cage Canary Parakeet Cockatiel Lovebird Finch Sugar Glider Ferret

I think this one Eloy sent will be nice! I was planning on getting one like the one Rockie had (side note, I actually got a new bird... Grief took it's toll and I gave in, got myself a little kakariki girl. She'll never replace Rockie but I'll love her just the same!)

BUUUUT, I realised that would be too small for the budgies, plus its $15 extra than Eloy's so I think in this case the 'bigger is better' bird motto fits! In fact, I think it's a bit too small for my Kakariki too but she's out a lot and relatively tame, unlike my budgies who have never been handled so I think she'll be alright for a bit. Thank you everyone!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

The door on this cage looks REALLY big, I love that. But... too bad it won't ship to Australia from there... however, check the one that Eloy sent the link to below - I think it's the exact same cage, right?

Flight Bird Cage Canary Parakeet Cockatiel Lovebird Finch Sugar Glider Ferret