• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Instant pots/air fryers...what's safe?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I've been seeing everyone talking about the instant pots and the air fryers and have started to become curious. So, I thought I would ask if anyone has either one of them and find out if there are safe ones for homes with feathered creatures everywhere!:)

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I also have 2 IP's and an air fryer. We only use the air fryer outside, as the baskets are nonstick and I have heard of stories about birds dying from air fryers :(

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Instant Pot, safe. Airfryers, I have one and I always make sure it's safe. Most now have ceramic coatings, I have called a mfg if I have questions

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Awesome! Mommy is going shopping this weekend with Daddy’s money! That’s what he gets for putting a Christmas penguin in this girl’s front yard!;)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Awesome! Mommy is going shopping this weekend with Daddy’s money! That’s what he gets for putting a Christmas penguin in this girl’s front yard!;)
What's so bad about a Christmas penguin? That sounds pretty cute!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There will probably be some good Instant Pot Deals during the Black Friday sales. Kohl's will have the 6 qt. 7 in 1 on sale for $69.99. There will be a 15% off discount code, cheerful, and there may be even better percent off discounts if one has a Kohl's credit card. $15 off Kohl's cash will be given for every $50 spent. I think the BF sales will be available online starting Monday 11/19 but the Instant Pot is a door buster so probably only available on Thursday and continuing to Friday until 1PM or until they run out of stock.
Amazon might also offer the Instant Pot at a good price.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Check with Amazon too, they started there BF deals early

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Listen to @iamwhoiam , she got me a steal of a deal (was that the instant pot? I believe it was!) I'm too lazy to hunt up deals most of the time, I have to have them handed to me.

Oh @greys4u you're right - I've gotten a couple good deals on Amazon the last couple days. HOwever before that, I have been finding things cheaper on other sites.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@finchly I think it might have been an Instant Pot. Not sure. I'm watching for a good deal on bird cages. Waiting to see if Petsmart will discount the Midwest Homes 4 Pets products again. Unfortunately the only Avian Adventures Chiquita model they have now is the platinum dome top and I wanted play tops.

I would really like to purchase a top of the line laptop but don't have a lot of spare change. If I can find cages I want at good prices I will get those. Should spend some $$ on stuff for me instead of the birds.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Should spend some $$ on stuff for me instead of the birds
Yes you should! :)

I agreed with hubby to get the A&E cage. Finally called ‘em this week and said where’s my cage, the tracking number just says approved. They said the freight company was the holdup.... apparently the cage was in stock, just nobody bothered to ship it. The freight people never called me. I have no idea what is going on, or when it might arrive. :faint:

Maybe I should ask for my money back.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes you should! :)

I agreed with hubby to get the A&E cage. Finally called ‘em this week and said where’s my cage, the tracking number just says approved. They said the freight company was the holdup.... apparently the cage was in stock, just nobody bothered to ship it. The freight people never called me. I have no idea what is going on, or when it might arrive. :faint:

Maybe I should ask for my money back.
That's sad. Where did you order it from? Very strange that they forgot to ship it. Do you need the cage? Did you get it for a good price? Maybe they will give you a discount because of the fact that it wasn't shipped as promised.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
That's sad. Where did you order it from? Very strange that they forgot to ship it. Do you need the cage? Did you get it for a good price? Maybe they will give you a discount because of the fact that it wasn't shipped as promised.
My Bird Store. It was a great price. I don’t ‘need’ the cage exactly, its a bigger one for the Caiques to live in, and has a divider for when Rio beats on Capt Jack too much. Maybe I will ask about a discount! Youre so smart.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Did u pay by credit card, if so, you can always dispute it

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I think @Mizzely told me about amazon's sale the one time for the instapot...59...I need to use it more but I would like an air fryer.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
The penguins have now multiplied! Somehow, another one showed up over the weekend!
That just means two shopping trips right?;)