• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clicking sound

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Momo just tried to feed me while doing 'the dance'... could this mean that she is a he?
Not necessarily. Gender roles can pretty confusing in captive birds, feeding is a mutual thing and while my hen has never tried to feed me during the itchy clicky dance doesn't mean one wouldn't. She would frequently try to feed my hands before getting randy, which was usually my cue hide them or leave her space a while and let her cool down.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I've had both genders feed me and dance for me when hormonal. I just let them get it out of their system and go on with what I am doing.

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Aha! It remains a mystery then. I read somewhere that females stop showing this behavior when the’re paired up with another lovebird. I’m just wondering, is that true?
Momo attack’s everything soft now. Every blanket, pillow or bathrobe falls victim to her needs.

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I have two boys and they both click and feed each other. The clicking gets kind of loud and crazy sometimes.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My male Jamie clicks, scratches and runs in circles. His girlfriend is silent.
Yesterday I heard Nube clicking (he/she was born on 15 aug 18, so only 5 months old)

I think if you want to know the sexes of your birds, it may be easier to just have them DNA tested... Or wait for an egg , although, that may never happen.

Even the paper shredding myth won´t help you figure out if your bird is M or F