• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flying with by Fids (and terrified)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The us is going to quarantine them for 30 days, right?

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I hope @julietta saw my first post here with the KLM link that says you can put a carrier under your seat. In any case, you might already have this website link, but I thought I'd post it, because it might be helpful to you, or someone else. USDA APHIS | Pet Travel - Bringing Five or Fewer Pet Birds into the US
Oh gosh, I just realized, this link won't apply at all since you are going to Canada, rather than the U.S. The U.S. has no jurisdiction there LOL.

Here ya go - hope this helps: Importing or travelling with pet birds from countries other than the United States - Canadian Food Inspection Agency

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
The us is going to quarantine them for 30 days, right?
I was allowed 30 day in-home quarantine with veterinary supervision (which was a joke!)

***Again, mine wasn't a move to/from the Middle East.*** The same quarantine rules MAY apply internationally, but you must check first, because this is country-dependant. If this is a work-related move, often your company can help!

Since they weren't considered "domestic flock poultry birds" or on the endangered or controlled lists, moving TO Nicaragua was actually easier and had different rules. Moving back FROM Nicaragua was actually more difficult. If you plan to return, research it now knowing laws change.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I hope the flight went well. I'm very curious to know how they did.