• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SWS Welcome to the 2018 Fall Sidewalk Sale!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Don't ask me if it's skinny... give me a diameter. Lol 2 inches is skinny to me. ;)

Ummm long perches get thicker. Hahaha I think the thinnest I go is 1 inch. ??? Looks like one inch to me but I'll have my husband measure. I cant reach them. :)
1" is good or under is better...just think peeps that perch perfectly on your finger.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
1" is good or under is better...just think peeps that perch perfectly on your finger.

I don't believe I go under an inch but... What length are you thinking? Peeps that perch on my finger o_O! :rofl:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I did it with eye screws on the ends...sideways... I think that's where I went wrong lol
I did have them out in the aviary with the ends through large plastic chain. They didn't twist at all. But you could just revamp the holes and move your eyelets on top.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I don't believe I go under an inch but... What length are you thinking? Peeps that perch on my finger o_O! :rofl:
I'm open on length...if smaller diameter is only the shorter ones...that is okay. I can do multiple swings.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm open on length...if smaller diameter is only the shorter ones...that is okay. I can do multiple swings.
Are we talking 2 feet or 7 feet? :rofl: Work with me girl... I need something to go on.

Perch.. no hardware... clothesline... bird perched on finger...

That's what I'm working with. :laugh:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Are we talking 2 feet or 7 feet? :rofl: Work with me girl... I need something to go on.

Perch.. no hardware... clothesline... bird perched on finger...

That's what I'm working with. :laugh:
It can be anything over 2 feet or 7 feet or a combo of both...I am not picky if you has the size...I can also layer or butt two shorter pieces next to each other.

I was thinking one long one across the Maui side (because only those that live on "her side" are allowed to be over there).

left side.jpg

Then the not-marked-as-maui space...a variety of lengths/heights

room.jpg

And perches we've had before so you can see where I'm going...although the larger perches would also work. They can't fight between themselves as well since they have no grip.

branches.jpg

Last edited:

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Ok thanks, the ones I'm planning to buy from are here so it's good. Less money I'll end up spending :lol:
This would also be a great opportunity to try out a new vendor.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I've literally been trying to think of ways to bring in some extra money :roflmao: tried to sign up to deliver for uber eats or something similar but they don't do it around where I live. I signed up as a website tester on two different sites and haven't gotten any websites to test yet. I don't have any artistic abilities whatsoever, an etsy shop will never happen.....I need more money! :arghh:
Postmates also delivers food in certain areas like Uber maybe they are around you.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Have any of you used sisal rope? I have had my eye on it from CABN. We would be using it out side of the cage for extra climbing/exploration areas for Jenks. Do any of you have experience with it?
A great rope and we also sell this in Assorted Colors that is hand dyed with Vitacritter.

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Rope toys last maybe a day in Dexter's cage. Anything with rope. I spent $30 on a huge toy and came home the next day to see he chewed through the rope and the wood blocks covered in poop but otherwise untouched were on the ground.
Stainless Steel Skewers are a great option. You can take the wood from the toy and put it on skewers.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
A great rope and we also sell this in Assorted Colors that is hand dyed with Vitacritter.
I really love love the colors they are so bright and cheerful! I have several put down on my to buy list! :D

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Stainless Steel Skewers are a great option. You can take the wood from the toy and put it on skewers.
Yes, I bought 20 skewers when Jan had her fabulous sale. I'd still take more skewers. You can do anything with them.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It can be anything over 2 feet or 7 feet or a combo of both...I am not picky if you has the size...I can also layer or butt two shorter pieces next to each other.

I was thinking one long one across the Maui side (because only those that live on "her side" are allowed to be over there).

View attachment 288553

Then the not-marked-as-maui space...a variety of lengths/heights

View attachment 288554

And perches we've had before so you can see where I'm going...although the larger perches would also work. They can't fight between themselves as well since they have no grip.

View attachment 288555

The smallest I have here is birch 1" going up to about 1.75 at 6-7 feet long. BUT

I special ordered something for you. :D It should be here fast as my perch orders are local. :)