• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT @Danita - The Nutty Babysitter S/S Toy

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You are amazing, love the o ring with beads at the end! Can’t wait for the SWS! I love all of your ss toys! So happy your doing ss toys :cantwait:

Last edited:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thanks Kim!! :) I am in the process of soon posting a few photos in a bit and I also ordered the short mounting bolts and wing nuts that will mount it to the cage bars.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Reactions: Jan

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jingo would adore that!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Looks great!!!

Reactions: Jan

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thanks again guys!! :) I have the two on the site on one product page with options. At this time I am awaiting on the short bolt and wing nut for the cage mount version but it should be in by mid week so anyone who wants the cage mount will be able to purchase it for the SWS. This toy is moreless a pain in the butt to do, it's simple to make but I have to make it so the nuts at both ends can't come loose and that's not an easy task. It'll be exciting to see some birdies play with it. I'll eventually make one up for my B&G but she doesn't have one yet. As usual, she is not a good toy tester.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thank you, thank you!! :)

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thanks Danita!! :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
ANY possibility making a smaller version for smaller birds??? I'd want a smaller cage mount version.
I'd love to see a smaller cage mount version, too. I know a couple of goffins girls who would get a kick out of it! :cantwait:
Any chance you might make a single bolt into a foot toy in the future? Maybe even with a wing nut? :pinklol3: Lug bug loves her ss hardware, especially the wingnuts, but she always loses the pieces. It'd be great if she had a permanent bolt she could work at whenever she wanted without me having to crawl under her cage to find parts!

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I'd love to see a smaller cage mount version, too. I know a couple of goffins girls who would get a kick out of it! :cantwait:
Any chance you might make a single bolt into a foot toy in the future? Maybe even with a wing nut? :pinklol3: Lug bug loves her ss hardware, especially the wingnuts, but she always loses the pieces. It'd be great if she had a permanent bolt she could work at whenever she wanted without me having to crawl under her cage to find parts!

In reality, this toy is not too big for a Goffin's, the hex nuts are on 3/8" bolts so the center nuts that turn on the on the bolt are 5/8" across. The S/S bolts I have are 2.5" in length and 3/8" diameter.

Yes, I could do a single bolt foot toy out of some of the same stuff I have on the Nutty Babysitter! I will/can make it so the end nut does not come off.

Farlie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rick
In reality, this toy is not too big for a Goffin's, the hex nuts are on 3/8" bolts so the center nuts that turn on the on the bolt are 5/8" across. The S/S bolts I have are 2.5" in length and 3/8" diameter.

Yes, I could do a single bolt foot toy out of some of the same stuff I have on the Nutty Babysitter! I will/can make it so the end nut does not come off.

I'd be looking for something in the 1/4" range or smaller. Your 3/8" is too big for a parakeet or parrotlet or even a tiel. :)