• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I found my new f10 bottle

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Vet said aspergillosis grows in bird poop in humid conditions. I’ve been cleaning with water but F10 will be great! Looking forward to cleaning after breakfast!!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
But it says to ventilate the room and remove birds from the area. @Hankmacaw

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Do you have the clea F10SC? The F10 that is not greenish? If so there is no reason to rinse, nor remove the birds from the room. It is commonly used to nebulize raptors in England and in the Mideast for Aspergillosis. I tried nebulizing Jasper with it, but it didn't seem to help her and it definitely didn't harm her. Here is a recommendation from several veterinarians.

"Nebulisation
A 1:10 solution of antibiotics or F10 in a hand sprayer or nebuliser may be used in the treatment of conjunctivitis or URS disease. The plant sprayers generally do not produce fine enough particles to access the lower air sacs however, for that a nebuliser (with particle size <3 um) must be used and the bird placed into a purpose-built nebuliser cage, a glass tank or a plastic bag with holes in is placed over a small cage."
Treatment of Respiratory Disease in Birds - WSAVA2004 - VIN

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would honestly go with whatever it says on the bottle.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Says pre dilution of F10 SC? I have the concentrate so I dilute it myself. On first inspection it looks like ordinary diluted F10 SC.

F10® Veterinary Disinfectant Ready to Use

Available in: 1 litre 'ready-to-use' bottles with a trigger spray, or 1 litre 'refill' bottles. Ready to use, diluted F10SC veterinary disinfectant. F10SC diluted to a 1:250 concentration

See here for technical information on the F10 product range and for the attributes of F10 Core Actives

Meadows Animal Health

When you use it up get the concentrate & use the spray bottle. From a 3 oz bottle you can make about 6 gallons for about $25.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The link above says it’s safe to use in the presence of animals. Doesn’t say birds, I’ll check with my vet too, she might have never heard of it

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Do you have the clea F10SC? The F10 that is not greenish? If so there is no reason to rinse, nor remove the birds from the room. It is commonly used to nebulize raptors in England and in the Mideast for Aspergillosis. I tried nebulizing Jasper with it, but it didn't seem to help her and it definitely didn't harm her. Here is a recommendation from several veterinarians.

"Nebulisation
A 1:10 solution of antibiotics or F10 in a hand sprayer or nebuliser may be used in the treatment of conjunctivitis or URS disease. The plant sprayers generally do not produce fine enough particles to access the lower air sacs however, for that a nebuliser (with particle size <3 um) must be used and the bird placed into a purpose-built nebuliser cage, a glass tank or a plastic bag with holes in is placed over a small cage."
Treatment of Respiratory Disease in Birds - WSAVA2004 - VIN

Thanks ML. That’s a convincing article

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I gently use it around the birds but would not go as far as nebulizing but I have heard about it but maybe as a last resort

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
My friends have used F10 in nebulisers for their reptiles with great success. Another friend has it in the humidifier she keeps running in her herp room. I think it's generally pretty safe.

Who was it who took a bath in it once? :D

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That's the prediluted stuff - I never use that because it's way too expensive. It should say somewhere on the bottle what the dilution ratio is.

1:250

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yep safe...I use a garden sprayer with the diluted version of 1:250. It's also used by the vet for nasal flushes sometimes and to spray on birds with yeast on their skin (my naked Giggie).