• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The Avery

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
How awesome you can provide them with the opportunity to safely fly outside! They are beyond beautiful:heart: I would let them out as long as they seem comfortable. I am a little to the east of you, the Netherlands. I find my birds like to be outside on a sunny 16 day, but on a windy 16 day they get chilly(start puffing their feathers and be less active) pretty soon.

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
You have a beautiful flock!!! :heart:

I have read that wind chill is the main thing to look out for. In thus article people took their parrots put for a walk (on harnesses) in the snow! However, since there was no wind, the birds were supposedly comfortable outside in the snow for like 10 minutes. However, I only vaguely remember this article, so let me see if I can find it. Got to make sure it is a reliable source!

Spirit Warrior

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
We also own 3 cockatiels. Two conures that are a pair and a budgie but they won't go out till summer but get loads of time out flying in the living room and getting in to trouble lol. The 3 in the avery seem comfortable and still feel warm on there body's. Flying around like mad as well bless them

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd leave them out for most of the day at that temp. Until the sun starts to go down or the temp drops. They should be safe in temps much lower than that, but they would not be comfortable. I'd put them out down to about 13c on a sunny day and let their behavior guide you for when its time to come in. Sitting fluffed up and shivering is a hint they need to come in.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
16° is nice and warm, so long as it's not too windy. I take my kids out when it's 10°, if it's nice and sunny. :)

Your flock is gorgeous!!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Beauties in the sunshine! :heart:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Wow they really are pretty! They do look so happy! Just look at the face of that grey! Lol

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What happy, beautiful birds you have! 16 is fine, especially if it’s not windy or cloudy, as others have mentioned. I’m outside right now with my tiels, and it’s 16. The sun feels so warm and strong, and my bird’s and I are loving it! When I get cold while wearing a light, long sleeved shirt and long pants, we go inside. Gotta get out there while we can before we’re stuck inside for months!