• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bonza Bird llc

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Has anyone seen this, I've been wanting to keep a journal of my birds. Came across this . It's pricy for one bird. I think its essential for our feathered companions, in the event that they may be rehomed. We need to be their voice. This is something we can do to ensure the best life possible for our feather babies, When/If we can no longer provide for them.
BONZAbird.com

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Has anyone seen this, I've been wanting to keep a journal of my birds. Came across this . It's pricy for one bird. I think its essential for our feathered companions, in the event that they may be rehomed. We need to be their voice. This is something we can do to ensure the best life possible for our feather babies, When/If we can no longer provide for them.
BONZAbird.com

They are participating in the Sidewalk Sale. SWS - Welcome to the 2018 Fall Sidewalk Sale! | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I have.

She is an awesome individual that dearly loves parrots and poured her heart into creating a resource that would help them.

I also am ashamed of myself that I allowed myself to get so distracted that I didn't introduce her to the forum.

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I definitely like the idea, though the price is a little steep for me. I'm a very "document everything" type of person, so I have a small binder with all of the birds' vet visits - when, why, procedures, tests, medications, etc., as well as sheets for tracking weight, and when I notice any iffy symptoms (a day of sneezing, etc), so that I can have an easy reference to give to the vet. It also gives me peace of mind in case something happens to me, that whoever takes care of the birds won't be completely lost.

If you're at all savvy with word processing, it's pretty easy to whip a template up in Word or Google Docs/Sheets to print off as needed.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I definitely like the idea, though the price is a little steep for me. I'm a very "document everything" type of person, so I have a small binder with all of the birds' vet visits - when, why, procedures, tests, medications, etc., as well as sheets for tracking weight, and when I notice any iffy symptoms (a day of sneezing, etc), so that I can have an easy reference to give to the vet. It also gives me peace of mind in case something happens to me, that whoever takes care of the birds won't be completely lost.

If you're at all savvy with word processing, it's pretty easy to whip a template up in Word or Google Docs/Sheets to print off as needed.
I am too. I should keep up on the smaller stuff like sneezing, but haven't yet. I do keep up with other things; Sherbie's egglaying, small injuries or bruises, if they're messing with a certain spot, odd behavior etc.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne

I thought the price was a bit high also. It's been on my mind a lot lately . I'm not the most proficient at word processing, but is something i could figure out = time invested learning curve :joyful:. when i saw this Bonzabird journal , i thought, that's exactly what i need. When i checked it out on their site , i was taken back on the price, for a single bird journal, not practical for a multi bird household. I could "tweak " a regular journal /log book . :)

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I have.

She is an awesome individual that dearly loves parrots and poured her heart into creating a resource that would help them.

I also am ashamed of myself that I allowed myself to get so distracted that I didn't introduce her to the forum.

Shes here now ! i saw her on Facebook cockatoo lovers forum. It is beautifully compiled. I emailed her about the possibility of using one journal for multi birds.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
With great luck, none of us will ever have to rehome our fids, but this would also be an amazing resource for people who have memory issues. I have dissociative amnesia and some other brain abnormalities that make it hard to recall and form memories. This would be CRAZY useful in the event that I had to have a list of my fid's traits on hand, such as in an emergency temporary housing situation. Or even at the vet.

I'd give anything for Taco and Kamara to have had these. Their pasts are such a mystery to me and it makes it hard to understand some of their quirks.

An amazing idea all around!

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I am too. I should keep up on the smaller stuff like sneezing, but haven't yet. I do keep up with other things; Sherbie's egglaying, small injuries or bruises, if they're messing with a certain spot, odd behavior etc.

Yup! After Pippin's mysterious illness that left him hospitalized last year, I became hyper-vigilant with watching for any abnormal behaviors. I might overdo it with documenting, but I think it's better safe than sorry. I'd rather say, "well at first he started sneezing a week ago.." and have it be nothing, than forget about it and have it be helpful in possibly diagnosing an illness.

It's just so much easier to tote a small binder to the vet and be able to list off past medications and treatments than it is trying to recall them and having the vet look at you funny when you recall the wrong medication. :I

jeansie1988

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jeanette
Very interesting!!!
I have never thought to keep track of these things.
What things do peiole track?
I also, think this is a bit steep however I do recognize all the work that been out into it.

Michelle Vrbka

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
Thanks for the tag @Macawnutz
I am currently in the process of creating a smaller Log book with fewer pages and producing it at a lower cost. What are a few specific things not listed in the current addition you might like to see?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I'm not sure what categories are in the original. Are they listed on your site?

Michelle Vrbka

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
I'm not sure what categories are in the original. Are they listed on your site?

These are the topics covered in the original, you can read the entire thing here

ROUTINE: daily routine, food choices, bathing, sleeping

BEHAVIOR: affection, social interaction, fear triggers, naughty habits

INDIVIDUAL DETAILS: vocalization, games & talents, reproductive stimulants

SURVIVOR: consequences of abuse or neglect

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
@Michelle Vrbka ...thank you for answering all my questions about the Journal. Shipping is free yay ! That's a savings, plus the 15 % off another yay! It's good to know that I can combine both of my birds into your Journal . It is my wish that they stay togeather, they are a bonded pair. I am ordering today. Its simply a beautifully compiled presentation of all the nuances and details others can reference, it's their voice to assist transitions of our feathered companions and their potential future caregivers.
Oh and one more thing!

:welave:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
This is definitely something we should all be doing whether you buy something or just put together a journal. I started profiling my guys a while back but need to get back to it again.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Well it's my wish too but with Secret's attitude, I'm afraid that they may be split up if I keel over.

Who would know then that MC looooovvvvves sweet potato and Secret will only eat sweet potato if you mix in remnants of nutriberries?

Who would know that Secret accepts skritches first thing in the morning and last thing at night (careful though) while MC loves them thru the bars.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Absolutely necessary, could be a deal breaker . Not knowing what they've been accustomed to. Their quirks and behavior, by logging in the details I believe would be a stepping stone for success and matching them with compatible caregivers.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
On a side note...yes the price may seem a little high, but for the details and layout of this design, I believe it is well worth it, this too is part of our birds enrichment and overall assurance that their future has a good chance of quality care. For me this is well worth the price. Of course others may be savvy with compiling and journal. I don't have the time to put together something as well put together as this. The cost of a large parrot toy or a few small toys surpasses the cost of this.