• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"I (hope) this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The girls have pretty much been taking turns getting closer to one another then flying off yesterday and today, but we did have one sweet moment this evening. Hubby and I were watching a movie with the lights off and all of the critters settled down. We were reclining and Luv Bug was sitting on the left side of hubby's chest up by his shoulder and Puffin nestled against his neck on his right shoulder. :heart: I don't think either was very aware of the others' presence since they were on either side of him, but it was still nice to see them resting quietly together again, especially snuggled up with hubby. :swoon:

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The girls have pretty much been taking turns getting closer to one another then flying off yesterday and today, but we did have one sweet moment this evening. Hubby and I were watching a movie with the lights off and all of the critters settled down. We were reclining and Luv Bug was sitting on the left side of hubby's chest up by his shoulder and Puffin nestled against his neck on his right shoulder. :heart: I don't think either was very aware of the others' presence since they were on either side of him, but it was still nice to see them resting quietly together again, especially snuggled up with hubby. :swoon:
:loveshower: What good girlies! And what a sight that must have been...:xflove:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
How cute! I'm glad Buggy isn't jealous of Puffin being with your husband! I was wondering how that was going to work! Wow! I love those snuggle moments :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Adorable and that would be great if they could be friends...maybe not partners in crime but good friends :lol:

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Wow, that does appear to be a great start. I really hope that it works out and that they become good buds. They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL birds and it is literally stunning to see how they look sitting together on that counter.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I was suppose to reply to this thread days ago, but for some reason I forgot.. Sorry! :o:

So happy for you all! ♥
Like I said, sooner or later they will be friends, and with you guiding them in the right direction it will be perfect. :)

We were reclining and Luv Bug was sitting on the left side of hubby's chest up by his shoulder and Puffin nestled against his neck on his right shoulder. :heart:
Your hubby is a keeper, you do understand that? If birds can love him that much their is no doubt about what kind of person he is. :heart2:
Does he have a brother? :innocent:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
How perfect:dance5: They look like two white Queens together:wideyed: And with regal Buzz, WoW you are catering to royalty over there!:laugh: It is too adorable they were both snuggled up with hubby:heart:
I read So Many great signs, I have great hopes for a great friends and not just aquintances:)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Puffin and Luv Bug are still getting used to each other. They're not chasing each other away as much and they're sitting nearby one another more often. :)

Sunday evening, hubby came home and found them both out of their cages. :eek: He called me to ask if I'd forgotten to put them up. I was positive I'd closed their cage doors, but since both of them were out on the same day I was doubting myself. I must have forgotten somehow. :banghead: Thankfully they were both okay & nothing was destroyed. But when I put Luv Bug in her cage for dinner I remembered that I had brought a handful of beads & toys and had to put them in her dish through her feeder door instead of in her foraging toys because I didn't want to let her out. -I had shut the cages! Then when I came home Tuesday they were both out again! :jawdrop1:

Hubby saw Luv Bug open Puffin's cage. So now we know that either she has also learned to do her own, heavier latch too all of a sudden, or Puffin who is stronger, learned her own latch by watching Luv Bug and flew over to return the favor. :shocked4: We're not sure who's the culprit or if (horror of horrors) they're working together. I'm just happy that I'm not really so forgetful! :o:

Either way it's not safe for them to be out, so last night we assembled their new cage. It's the split level playtop cage we ordered last year for the grey we thought we were adopting; the one hubby kept reminding me has a divider when we were considering getting Bug a friend. :rolleyes: When the grey fell through we had put the boxes in the spare closet so we didn't have to be reminded of our disappointment. Bug came to us with her 2 cages so we still didn't need the cage and the boxes just sat there. But I am so glad we just so happened to have it on hand & we're not having to scramble to find a new cage for them. :dancing: Luckily nothing was missing & only a few pieces were mildly bent and we were able to straighten them. It has really nice latches they won't be able to open. :fingerscrossed:

Of course they're afraid of the new cage, so hubby decided to take a day off from work to be home with them to help them get used to it. :xflove:
20181023_214510.jpg 20181023_214457.jpg

Last edited:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Puffin and Luv Bug are still getting used to each other. They're not chasing each other away as much and they're sitting nearby one another more often. :)
Another great update! :)
Hubby saw Luv Bug open Puffin's cage.
And they wants to be together! ♥
We're not sure who's the culprit or if (horror of horrors) they're working together.
That is why I have two Pionus and not two Too's. :D

And that is the same lock that I have to all my cages, incl the new one. But I'm not sure that they are 100% cockatoo safe. :smuggrin:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a great update! I love that they are partners in crime.:heart: I think they are really going to keep you on your toes!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You're gone to need padlocks eventually (trust me). And don't keep the key in the same room. :D

There is no clip clasp latch or turnbuckle that Tika cannot get open in very short order. Even cheap locks are no match for the beak. He could not figure it out so he just broke it.
B9D5EE7D-29D8-412C-A3C2-AED82DE050F1.jpeg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
:omg:

These girls are going to give you grey hairs!

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
I can’t believe I’ve missed the new replies and updates to this thread. :jawdrop1:

I just love, love the update where both Puffin and Luv Bug were snuggled up to your husband on either side. :xflove: I bet that was just absolutely wonderful to see. :heart:

I’m really glad you have that very nice looking cage to hopefully help solve the problem of them getting out. I hope they get used to the new cage very soon. :)

Of course they're afraid of the new cage, so hubby decided to take a day off from work to be home with them to help them get used to it. :xflove:

How very sweet of him!! :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
You're gone to need padlocks eventually (trust me). And don't keep the key in the same room. :D

There is no clip clasp latch or turnbuckle that Tika cannot get open in very short order. Even cheap locks are no match for the beak. He could not figure it out so he just broke it.
View attachment 288676
Omg John!! I have read that goffin's will also unscrew their cages! What kind of lock will keep them contained? I imagine the more challenging the more determined they get too! Wow, a while ago I saw Fred outside his cage moving the latches to figure out how they move. Such inquisitive & smart beings!