• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new linnies!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Brought these little boys home yesterday, they're about 7 months old. Such cuties! The cobalt is Caspar and the turquoise is Emerys.They wasted no time in chewing on their toys! ❤❤

Attachments

soleaux

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nola
Linnies have the cutest little faces :xflove:Congrats on your new babies, they’re adorable :heart:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to your sweet boys! I just love having a Linnie. Gigi was born 2/1/18 so she's 8 1/2 months old! I can't wait to hear all about them!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Ohhh they are so cute!!!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're so precious!! Look at those little faces. :swoon:
Love their names too!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
They're doing some what I think is beak grinding, it's a low honk. Adorable! Meanwhile my lovebird is in party mode!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww beak grinding is the best. :)
Lovie is trying to impress the new boys in town?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are they siblings? They will flourish because you have two instead of just one.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
They are not brothers but they've been together since they hatched. So basically brothers. They're already chewing away and being little piggies! They're so adorable.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aww beak grinding is the best. :)
Lovie is trying to impress the new boys in town?
She must be! Especially since she's coming out of the cage now!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They are beautiful! Bet they are so much fun to listen to.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
So pretty, I love mine too! Mine are the same color as yours. My cobalt is named Zoolie and the turquoise is Rizzy They will be two years old the end of this month! They are so sweet :heart:
Aww twins! Are yours boys or girls?

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How are the boys doing Alicia?

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
How are the boys doing Alicia?
They're doing well! Caspar, the cobalt, is braver than Emerys and has decided he doesn't have to run when I open the cage since it usually means they get some Nutriberries! I assume Emerys will come around faster since he sees Caspar relaxing. The other day I was talking to Emerys as he sat on the rope perch and he stood up, looked at me, dropped a famous linnie poop, and walked away! Hahaha He was going to town on a red grape one day so I'm going to attempt apples again this weekend with all of them. The linnies are a breeze! My lovebird just wants to bite... This isn't new, we're in a "stage." Do linnies get aggressive? So far mine are still timid.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so glad the boys are doing well! Super cute names and terrific that they are eating well. I bet Emerys will follow Caspar's lead and get braver. It hasn't been too long. I've never had a lovebird but I have definitely heard that they are opinionated. :)

At about 4 months old (maybe?) Gigi went through her first molt and she was a little nippy. She also lunged a bit when she was in her old cage when I changed her paper, cleaned her boing or put food inside. Now in her new cage everything is done from the outside so no reason to be territorial about her cage. She is a little hand shy, but not timid. She is very interested in people and gets as close as she can while in her cage. Yesterday the grandkids were here and she spent most of the morning on the floor of the cage, at their level. She is sweet, sweet, sweet. She jumps into my lap, races to my shoulder, preens my hair, nibbles on my cell phone and vocalizes like crazy. She has dozens of different noises she makes. I just love her. :)

Last edited:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
That's really
I'm so glad the boys are doing well! Super cute names and terrific that they are eating well. I bet Emerys will follow Caspar's lead and get braver. It hasn't been too long. I've never had a lovebird but I have definitely heard that they are opinionated. :)

At about 4 months old (maybe?) Gigi went through her first molt and she was a little nippy. She also lunged a bit when she was in her old cage when I changed her paper, cleaned her boing or put food inside. Now in her new cage everything is done from the outside so no reason to be territorial about her cage. She is a little hand shy, but not timid. She is very interested in people and gets as close as she can while in her cage. Yesterday the grandkids were here and she spent most of the morning on the floor of the cage, at their level. She is sweet, sweet, sweet. She jumps into my lap, races to my shoulder, preens my hair, nibbles on my cell phone and vocalizes like crazy. She has dozens of different noises she makes. I just love her. :)
That's really cute! Sounds like a match made in heaven

I brought the boys out into the living room tonight for the first time and Aoife, my lovebird, was furiously attacking her toys ! She seemed to get over it though.