• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gone

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Egg was a very special little wild lady bird. I know she loved being with you even if she did not act like it. "She did it her way" as some say. I hope you look back knowing that.

"There's definitely something special between birds and their owners, and it's called unconditional love."
Thank you, Lady Jane.

Even though I thought she was too wild for me to ever get attached to, I fell for her anyway.The only good thing that came from Lenny's disappearance is that it gave me the opportunity to get to know Egg, and to realize that she was quite a special being. I hope she is happy now, and at peace.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh how heartbreaking! I’m so very sorry for your loss of Egg.:sorrow:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Shelley#134

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle
Oh My Gosh!!! I am So Sorry for your loss!! What a tragedy:sorrow:
It's So Hard losing an animal/Avian or Reptilian Family Member.
When you feel sad...remember the funny, quirky times you and Egg shared...I find that always helps me.
I had a similar situation with an overzealous Dog and her best mate, TrubbyCat! She had accidentally hurt her best mate rough-housing, and I didn't get on-top of that straight away, not realising the seriousness of it!
:hug9:
Please...Don't feel guilty, you have nothing to feel guilty over...and...I am sure Egg doesn't blame you, not in the slightest!
Take Care:fairy:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I’m so sorry. :sadhug2:

we all do our best, and you did what you thought was righ at the time. Please, no guilt. You are a good bird parent/ cat parent.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am sorry for your loss

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss.

For what it's worth, I think you did your very best for Egg. We cannot know the outcome of our decisions in advance - all we can do is make the decisions we think are right at the time. You acted with love and compassion, and clearly had Egg's best interests at heart. That's all any of us can do.

Last edited:

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I'm so sorry for your loss.

For what it's worth, I think you did your very best for Egg. We cannot know the outcome of our decisions in advance - all we can do is make the decisions we think are right at the time. You acted with love and compassion, and clearly had Egg's best interested at heart. That's all any of us can do.
Thank you, tka. I hope she knew that.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I’m so sorry. :sadhug2:

we all do our best, and you did what you thought was righ at the time. Please, no guilt. You are a good bird parent/ cat parent.
Thank you, finchly. Your words made me feel better. She was always such a anxious little bird which only adds to the guilt of having to grab her to give her the medications. I pray she is at peace now.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Oh My Gosh!!! I am So Sorry for your loss!! What a tragedy:sorrow:
It's So Hard losing an animal/Avian or Reptilian Family Member.
When you feel sad...remember the funny, quirky times you and Egg shared...I find that always helps me.
I had a similar situation with an overzealous Dog and her best mate, TrubbyCat! She had accidentally hurt her best mate rough-housing, and I didn't get on-top of that straight away, not realising the seriousness of it!
:hug9:
Please...Don't feel guilty, you have nothing to feel guilty over...and...I am sure Egg doesn't blame you, not in the slightest!
Take Care:fairy:
Thank you, Shelley. Feeling a little bit better today. I am picturing Egg flying free with her best friend, Lenny. She is no longer suffering and that is what counts

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are doing.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am deeply sorry for your loss.

I know I've said this before, but it's true here...the sassy birds seem to get into our hearts the deepest...and that means they hurt the most when they leave us. Mocha Tiel was the sassiest tiel we ever were owned by...he passed a little over a month ago...my heart is still hurting.

Wings Forever Proudly High, Egg...

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I am deeply sorry for your loss.

I know I've said this before, but it's true here...the sassy birds seem to get into our hearts the deepest...and that means they hurt the most when they leave us. Mocha Tiel was the sassiest tiel we ever were owned by...he passed a little over a month ago...my heart is still hurting.

Wings Forever Proudly High, Egg...
Thank you. It's a cliche but time does seem to help.

I am so sorry to hear about Mocha Tiel. He sounds like quite a character.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Can we get a mod to take down this post?! Apparently some insensitive members are using this tragedy to take a cheap shot,(which is total BS!) and I WILL NOT have Egg's memory sullied like that.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I don’t see the cheap shots, but if you look at your post and click report (at the bottom left) it lets the mods know, and there’ll be a place where you can fill in your request.

I’m sorry. Maybe they could lock the thread instead, so you stil have the tribute?

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I don’t see the cheap shots, but if you look at your post and click report (at the bottom left) it lets the mods know, and there’ll be a place where you can fill in your request.

I’m sorry. Maybe they could lock the thread instead, so you stil have the tribute?
Thank you, finchly. It was used against me on another post. I don't like below the belt hits so I would rather that not everyone could see this post, I thought I was on a site with adults who knew how to act, apparently I was wrong.

Thank you for telling me how to do it. I will consider the lock option.