• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Elvis vet visit

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So, yesterday I took Elvis to get his nails trimmed. When I got there the receptionist said, do you know it's almost time for Elvis's annual wellness check? Do you just want to do it now? Yes, somehow I didn't realize it had been a year since his last. Anyway, while we were waiting Elvis said "Hi Elvis" to everyone. Then a man with a puppy told his puppy to "come on". So Elvis had to encourage the puppy with "come on Elvis". Which made everyone laugh. So Elvis may be taking over Sunny (my tiel's) job of being the reception room entertainment. And Elvis did great with the vet. He didn't make one peep or squawk the entire examination/nail trim. The vet said he looked really good which of course, made me happy. :) And that he was a nice bird. :)

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
How wonderful and fun on top of that. Elvis seems like a dream and is hilarious! Keep posting pleeeeeeasssssse. Elvis knows how to make me smile. :fairy2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How wonderful and fun on top of that. Elvis seems like a dream and is hilarious! Keep posting pleeeeeeasssssse. Elvis knows how to make me smile. :fairy2:
Hilarious, yes. A dream...? LOL. He's a cockatoo. I don't know if the two words go together. But I think he is good for a cockatoo. I have chunks of wood out of my kitchen cabinets (don't tell the fiancé, he hasn't noticed yet) and a foot stripped off of my 100 year old pocket door, and a puncture mark on my thumb that I think is going to be a permanent scar that suggest he's not a dream. But he is a overall a good bird. :) Thanks. :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sounds like a really great vet visit! I love the “Come on Elvis.” I think your right, Elvis is going to enjoy making people laugh at the vets and getting fawned over. :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Hilarious, yes. A dream...? LOL. He's a cockatoo. I don't know if the two words go together. But I think he is good for a cockatoo.
I can personally vouch that Elvis IS a good bird..and, like you said, he IS a Cockatoo...so he has those challenging moments, also. Toos are like that ideal dinner...a little sweet and a little savory...;)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Elvis cracks me up! But... GOOD boy on that vet visit. Not a peep during the exam huh? Oh mercy, wonder what he will say next time he goes - he'll probably be thinking all year! :rofl:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Yeah.....I just have a hissing amazon. Secret makes Secret known in the waiting room too.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I can personally vouch that Elvis IS a good bird..and, like you said, he IS a Cockatoo...so he has those challenging moments, also. Toos are like that ideal dinner...a little sweet and a little savory...;)

LOL. And thanks. He is a good boy.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis cracks me up! But... GOOD boy on that vet visit. Not a peep during the exam huh? Oh mercy, wonder what he will say next time he goes - he'll probably be thinking all year! :rofl:
I know, right? I even said to the vet- I can't believe how good he's being. And the vet looked at me and said "don't jinx it".

Of course, after the nail trim, Elvis did jump on the vet tech's shoulder and scare the crap out of him. :rolleyes: I laughed. The vet laughed. The vet tech didn't laugh. ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Of course, after the nail trim, Elvis did jump on the vet tech's shoulder and scare the crap out of him. :rolleyes: I laughed. The vet laughed. The vet tech didn't laugh. ;)
Milton always runs under my shirt when we go to the vet...then he pops his head out and clicks and huffs and puffs at the vet or the techs. They are not impressed, though...they KNOW he's a creampuff...;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milton always runs under my shirt when we go to the vet...then he pops his head out and clicks and huffs and puffs at the vet or the techs. They are not impressed, though...they KNOW he's a creampuff...;)
:lol:

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:hehe:

What a big sweetie pie. Because Waffle is still so wee, she gets a lot of attention at the vet for being cute. During her first exam a bunch of techs came in to "see the baby." But she doesn't have much to say about the experience...yet. :D

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
How wonderful! :dance4:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Is he the only bird that does not complain during a vet exam?
...our tiels are always well-mannered during vet visits...except for grumpy Mocha...he'd try to bite the living heck out of any human that was within range during vet visits...the vet, the techs, us. :rolleyes:

He definitely was a grumpy soul...and I miss him so much...:sad1:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
...our tiels are always well-mannered during vet visits...except for grumpy Mocha...he'd try to bite the living heck out of any human that was within range during vet visits...the vet, the techs, us. :rolleyes:

He definitely was a grumpy soul...and I miss him so much...:sad1:
Even sweet little Sunny fussed over the vet visit. One of the funniest Sunny moments, which I know I've told before, was when the vet was showing his tech how to trim nails and took much longer than normal to do it. Sunny was so mad that when the vet was done, he jumped on my shoulder and completely b#t@$ed out the vet in tiel language. The vet just looked at him and said, wow, he has a lot to say to me- and none of it's good. Then, when the vet left the room, Sunny gave one final yell like he was saying "and stay out". LOL. I mad cockatiel is somehow adorable.

Elvis normally fusses and let's out some squawks but not this time. But there was a macaw who went in right before us that definitely let everyone know that he wasn't happy.

And I miss Mocha too. :( And Sunny. :(