• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breakfast ideas???

M_Riddly

Strolling the yard
So recently I read that birds can't have eggs every day. Oops. Leo was having a scrambled egg for breakfast every day and now I am trying other things to keep the eggs down to a 3x a week limit. He is not exactly the happiest about this change. Any suggestions on things to eat? He seems to like squishy foods like eggs and oatmeal. Veggies are never eaten. He just chews them up. Same with bread so birdie bread won't work. Fruits are the devil according to Leo. They are out to get him???

I am going to go to the store and try some canned baby food and see if that works? Maybe I can get him to eat mashed carrots or peas??? I'm desperate lol. I'm over here like "Leo eat healthy foods! It's good for you! You will like them!" And he just looks at me like "well that dosent look like eggs human". Any ideas of squishy foods?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Have you tried mashing a baked sweet potato? Also, I make a birdy bread that's a little more custardy- he might like that? I take a mashed baked sweet potato, some rolled oats (a couple cups), some pellets (about 1/3 cup), an egg, a couple tablespoons of floor, cinnamon and enough water to moisten and mix it all together. You can add some chopped vegetables too if you want. Then I bake it in a pie pan for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. My tiel also really liked the Higgins Worldly Cuisine rice mixes.

M_Riddly

Strolling the yard
Ok. I will try the Mushy bread. It's a good idea. I tried soaking bread once. Did not go over well lol. He though something was wrong with the bread and he wasn't necessarily wrong. It was watery. I'm going to try sweet potatoes. So far he has eaten regular potatoes like the baked potato kind and loved them. We don't have sweet potatoes in the kitchen like ever because I don't like them but I guess Leo might.