• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can lovebirds try to preen humans

LarryThelovie

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashton
me and my sister have notices Larry does to our hair what he does to his feathers when preening , so I’m curious as to what hes doing haha . Is he trying to preen us? :joyful:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Definitely:) my lovies preen me all time too:) I let Henkie preen my eye lids and lashes, Fëanor too if he is in the mood but often he likes to play better:)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Our female green cheek used to preen everyone who would cuddle her, our goffin cockatoo preens my husband's hair and beard, and our macaw preens my hair and sometimes my shirts. Not sure whether it's certain fabrics he likes or the way certain shirts lay, but he gently preens them just like his feathers!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yep, it's preening :) I have had some also try to remove freckles from my skin thinking they were helping :lol:

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Yup! :heart:
It's all fun and games until they rip out a few eyelashes... of course I'm not speaking from experience or anything. :innocent:

LarryThelovie

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashton
Awh that’s so cute that he’s doing that , and hopefully he’s not going to rip any eyelashes out anytime soon lol :roflmao: it’s so cute that he’s preening me , thanks everyone :D