• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

To help or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love spoiling him!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I could get a window perch that's designed for cats, and it'll give him ample room and it'll extend closer to his cage so he doesn't have to go very far to get there! I think he'll love it!
I was thinking that exactly.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow...King JAVA the nut!!!

That's a palacial window perch.

You could have just wheeled the cage closer to the window when he wanted to use it but this is better
I thought about it but the cage is on a stand that would be risky to move alone. Plus, I didn't want him directly in front of the window since he's so nervous

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Oh, sorry assumed it had wheels as most large cages do & then it would have been easy.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java has had his new perch for about two or three days now, and he still refuses to take the leap of faith. I've put toys and treats on the perch for him, but he's still too afraid to go over there. He whimpers and screams like a puppy, and I've tried to help him again, which got me bit, so I backed off. But now he's whining and screaming at the perch, and I'm still tempted to help him. Granted, I'm not, because maybe that's why he hasn't taken the leap yet. He still doesn't have confidence in himself, but I'm working with him on that. He just looks so pitiful trying to figure out how to get to the window without leaving his cage.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hhhhmm have you tried letting him ‘jump’ to you? Perhaps that would give him Some confidence?
@JLcribber maybe?

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hhhhmm have you tried letting him ‘jump’ to you? Perhaps that would give him Some confidence?
@JLcribber maybe?
I don't think he can jump. When he wants me to pick him up, he hooks his beak onto my hand and drags himself into my palm and immediately reaches for my shirt when I lift my hand. Even when I set him in my lap, he crawls toward my shirt to hang on and so I can support his weight with my hand.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahw that is precious, but died indeed sound like he cannot jump. O Java what can your mom do to help you?

Status
Not open for further replies.