• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question for Admin please

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Hi - I just typed this up after thinking about a current situation going on in a forum. Would it be okay to post in an original poster's thread if I decide to ignore that particular person to let others know that I believe the person is trying to bait others into replying for their attention?

>>>>
My opinion on the IGNORE FUNCTION: My suggestions on how to deal with users who
repeatedly try to post inflammatory messages to bait users into responding - (this is
attention seeking behavior), is to use the IGNORE function. If the ignore function is
used, the perpetrator is not receiving the badly needed attention (comments and
replies) that they need, and it is no fun for them any longer. Once it is no fun - they
either leave, or try to come back later to stir up trouble possibly by creating a new
account to begin the drama all over again.
It is unfortunate that some attention seeking people will acheive their goals even by
getting negative attention, but we don't have to respond.
Therefore, this is my 'notice of intent' to IGNORE the orignal poster from now on.
Just wanted to let the other members know, in case they are wondering how I can see
bad behavior, but not respond or be offended by it - it is because when I use the
IGNORE function, I don't SEE it!